House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Spikey

House Prices To Go To Mars And Then Circle The Universe

They will you know because I said they will and that means its a real possibility...

Now everyone post to this and make me feel special while I add extra bits of my arguement even more random to wind you up some more..

Seessh people for what seems to a group of intelligent people you really do bite very easy!

:D:D:D:P:P:P

We bite because there are very few bulls around nowadays. Personally I welcome a good discussion from someone with an opposing view.

I think people that have opposing views or even a slightly different view gets abuse on this site! Then when an idiot turns up stating prices will go up 10%!! Everyone takes him seriously!

God this site confuses me!

I think people that have opposing views or even a slightly different view gets abuse on this site! Then when an idiot turns up stating prices will go up 10%!! Everyone takes him seriously!

The trouble is that the man in the street thinks it's quite normal for prices to go up 10% a year. It's going to take a long time for them to get used to the reality of stagnant/falling prices.

His arguments are naive, yet he takes the time to write, so I'm not convinced he's a troll.

There are a lot of people out there who believe exactly what he says. That's one of the great thing about this site, it gives people the means to see what's really happening out there.

Well im still thinking that there will be a drop but only around the 10% mark and then it will bounce back... Too many people out there want to get on the market and that regardless of cost will keep the market up!

Yes that is a possibility. But the opposite view would be that once prices have dropped 10% then people still can't afford much and there seems little reason to rush out and buy.

Yes that is a possibility. But the opposite view would be that once prices have dropped 10% then people still can't afford much and there seems little reason to rush out and buy.

Good point and I think that will prob happen over 6 - 7 yrs time. However I think that the mindset of the general public is so fixated with homeownership and has a deep fear that prices will go out of reach again that many will jump on the ladder when the 10% decrease happens.... Then it will go up out of reach... Then drop back down... and so on until everyone that is going to buy has made the leap..That will just leave the patient FTB waiting for them to go down 30% odd.. which will happen but not before 7yrs have past...

I hope I am wrong as I want a HPC like most on this site but I have a bad feeling that we wont see one anytime soon :(

Good point and I think that will prob happen over 6 - 7 yrs time. However I think that the mindset of the general public is so fixated with homeownership and has a deep fear that prices will go out of reach again that many will jump on the ladder when the 10% decrease happens.... Then it will go up out of reach... Then drop back down... and so on until everyone that is going to buy has made the leap..That will just leave the patient FTB waiting for them to go down 30% odd.. which will happen but not before 7yrs have past...

I hope I am wrong as I want a HPC like most on this site but I have a bad feeling that we wont see one anytime soon :(

This isn't what happens in my reading of previous housing busts.

Once prices start falling people are scared to buy, it's the old investment twins of greed and fear working away. And fear is the more powerful of the two.

Prices in Germany have been falling for 15 years, my German friends think it's madness to buy, despite the fact that German property is now very cheap.

People weren't all rushing out to buy in 1996, despite property here being (relatively) cheap.

Many people are going to get badly burnt with this bust, and with changing demographics in the UK, I believe certain HPC posters who say that this may be the last housing bubble in the UK for a very long time.

Edited by BandWagon

This isn't what happens in my reading of previous housing busts.

Once prices start falling people are scared to buy, it's the old investment twins of greed and fear working away. And fear is the more powerful of the two.

Prices in Germany have been falling for 15 years, my German friends think it's madness to buy, despite the fact that German property is now very cheap.

People weren't all rushing out to buy in 1996, despite property here being (relatively) cheap.

Many people are going to get badly burnt with this bust, and with changing demographics in the UK, I believe certain HPC posters who say that this may be the last housing bubble in the UK for a very long time.

Do you not think that as this is the most severe increase ever experianced many FTB will be happy just to get on the market glad they didnt miss the boat.... If this does happen and prices do rise again there will be even more panic to get on the ladder which could push prices up even more!

Hopefully everyone will be to afraid to get on when they are dropping... That would be perfect!

Have you ever heard of group dynamics? Yep well it happens everywhere, but you will note, there is also a group tendency to collectively try to remember our manners. And then there is YOU. You complain about abuse and then call Billy an idiot for daring to speak his mind. He is inexperienced (and that shows in his syntax) but . Something about a pot and a kettle :blink: I would be confused but I've read Freud (and for my sins Lacan "the meaning is in the letter, not the word" - its apt. think about it)

Have you ever heard of group dynamics? Yep well it happens everywhere, but you will note, there is also a group tendency to collectively try to remember our manners. And then there is YOU. You complain about abuse and then call Billy an idiot for daring to speak his mind. He is inexperienced (and that shows in his syntax) but . Something about a pot and a kettle :blink: I would be confused but I've read Freud (and for my sins Lacan "the meaning is in the letter, not the word" - its apt. think about it)

Granted.. I was wrong to call him an idiot... I take that back.

I still maintain my point about the inconsistent nature of some on this site when they hear views that contradict their views. Perhaps I vented my frustration at the wrong individual and I should call some of the one track minds on here idiots for pretending to be the enlightened but being less open minded then the "Bulls" they ridicule...

it is already proof that ftb's cant afford homes, so who exactly that needs houses is going to buy them now or in the 10% drop then bounce being talked about here?

house prices have soley only been rising because of investors not ftb's, ftb's long ago priced out.Anyone that could have bought has infact already bought and owns a house.

and btl is a mugs game now, you aint gonna see these people around for a decade or more i think, there just is no value in it anymore.

So were at the stage already where 30 year low in sales, and a historical high in prices/wages ratios.

It has been btl soley fueling this boom, using there already owned house as a bank to get the deposit.And there is nothing in it left.