House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rantnrave

Land Reg Nov 2015

Headline figures:

Our November HPI shows a monthly increase in England & Wales of 0.4%. Full HPI out 9.30 on 30 December

The average November house price in England & Wales is £186,325

The average price of property in England & Wales has gone up £9,861 since November 2014

Is this some kind of maths test from the Land Registry leaving out the all important YOY.

Well I make it 5.6%... 186325/ 176464.

May be the vested interest at the Land Reg thought a sum of money sounded bigger.

I think, looking at my local area, there were quite a few fence sitters who have now accepted the offer that was on the table. Whether they complete is another matter. I hate to say it, because I wouldn't like to do it, but if you were going to buy a BTL-type property, making an offer now on an already-discounted property and taking it almost to exchange at anytime in February or March, and then requesting a discount on the agreed price right before the 3% stamp duty increase kicks in. (Insert one of many excuses, needs work, valuation didn't match, mortgage not quite enough etc...) Well... let's just say the ball will be in your court at that point.

Of course, it could go the other way, if you are a BTL, or if you appear desperate... I know most estate agents would not blink at trying something on right about then. "Opportunity of a lifetime." Just a heads up.

how come sound places I see listed on right move have put their asking prices up 50k in a year.

does not compute

I think the madness/stupidity/ignorance will be replaced overnight by realisation that the music has stopped and there's no chairs whatsoever.

I no longer thing people will slowly come to their senses... More like a whole herd of sheep who've run off a cliff together.

I don't particularly care anymore, we are well past the point of wanting to own a house.

my main concern is not being wiped out if one of the banks go under.

anyone lending heavily into the south east must be in as good a state as northern Rock 2006

I don't particularly care anymore, we are well past the point of wanting to own a house.

my main concern is not being wiped out if one of the banks go under. semi retirement beckons, housings not really an issue now.

anyone lending heavily into the south east must be in as good a state as northern Rock 2006

how much did they reduce last month's figure?

who the #### in their right mind is buying a house right now?

Despite many a conversion with a pal of mine over the bonkers state of things, he conveniently forgot to tell me he was buying until yesterday - a full month after having their offer accepted. £180k for a 2 bed shoebox flat right next to a railway line..... As in you could spit on the passing trains from the window. He's managed to lob all his £30k inheritance at it for a deposit, too.

Everyone has their breaking point where patience is concerned...I guess.

Despite many a conversion with a pal of mine over the bonkers state of things, he conveniently forgot to tell me he was buying until yesterday - a full month after having their offer accepted. £180k for a 2 bed shoebox flat right next to a railway line..... As in you could spit on the passing trains from the window. He's managed to lob all his £30k inheritance at it for a deposit, too.

Everyone has their breaking point where patience is concerned...I guess.

Everyone's buying today.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Looking at the site...Some areas have fallen or had 0%. Since 2010 places in the north eg Barnsley or Sunderland have fallen.

Eg Barnsley in Jan 2010 Semi average price £86,132

Oct 2015 = £157,768

Meanwhile London rises to above £500,000 for an average house. The gap between the north and london prices has never been so large.

So, either London is overvalued and there is going to be a HPC there, or the North is a bargain with a lot of catching up to do...Ma

Maybe in a London crash, this time the north wil be unaffected.