House Price Crash Forum

House Near Me... Sold To Btl In 2 Days

HOLA441
HOLA442

it's boom time.

it's 2007 on steroids.

it's estate agents pretending.

let us know when it's sold and not just under offer.

ta

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

cause he's an estate agent or buying it himself?

I'm expecting a lot of trolling in light of the us decision to shaft British idiots.

???!!!

I've been on here for yonks!!!

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

So how many BTLs did you say you own?

Wtf!? The seller is a friend of ours and they told us the buyer is going to rent it out and already has at least one other rental property.

If you can stop your knee jerk accusations for one minute take the time to view my years of posts and see whether it's really the work of a troll.

Oh and I rent and always have done... You'll see various posts I've made slagging off my landlord.

HOLA4412

Wtf!? The seller is a friend of ours and they told us the buyer is going to rent it out and already has at least one other rental property.

If you can stop your knee jerk accusations for one minute take the time to view my years of posts and see whether it's really the work of a troll.

Oh and I rent and always have done... You'll see various posts I've made slagging off my landlord.

Welcome to the echo chamber - I feel your pain. Every now and then I come back here to remind myself why I left.

HOLA4413

well, its not quite sold yet but I can beleive the lunacy. How much would that rent for?

HOLA4414

well, its not quite sold yet but I can beleive the lunacy. How much would that rent for?

I'm hoping it falls through because ... I want reassurance the madness is ending, the friends selling the house are not of my choosing and I want to wipe the smile off their face.

HOLA4415

you've got to admit, it's a weird post the day everyone is discussing buy to let falling apart and interest rate rises.

not sure what your number of posts and or your longevity here gap got to do with anything.

didn't you think to post it in the anecdotal thread where it belongs or explain why you knew it was a buy to let sale initially?

I'm glad someone has come back though to tell us that they're glad they left.

how totally moronic.

bye bye.

HOLA4416

My point was I can't believe people are still getting into BTL despite all the signs its going down the pan.

I don't mind being challenged but to be called a troll by several people despite having always being pro hpc and anti btl.

HOLA4417

Sad is'nt it, almost a private club this site now same few posters talking about the same stuff day in day out. If your point

does'nt match theirs your either a troll or they pull you up on your grammar pmsl. Take no notice I was interested because the same thing

has happened close to me and that's over 200 miles from your location. HPC I want it, but no sure I'm going to get it. ;)

HOLA4418

Sad is'nt it, almost a private club this site now same few posters talking about the same stuff day in day out. If your point

does'nt match theirs your either a troll or they pull you up on your grammar pmsl. Take no notice I was interested because the same thing

has happened close to me and that's over 200 miles from your location. HPC I want it, but no sure I'm going to get it. ;)

funny.

you'll fit in well on mse

HOLA4419

I think TCON has allowed his housing situation to make him demented. I have been attacked myself for thinking out loud about something that didn't fit perfectly into his narrow minded box. It is posters like him who are ruining this site.

HOLA4420

My point was I can't believe people are still getting into BTL despite all the signs its going down the pan.

I don't mind being challenged but to be called a troll by several people despite having always being pro hpc and anti btl.

sorry dude if that is genuine.

I think we've all seen such threader a hundred times before.

if more than one person jumped down your throat then you got to admit it came across a bit, well, odd.

no one would have batted an eye kid if you'd posted that in the anecdotal thread of the area thread where you live.

we've all seen some totally #### houses sell in the last 12-18 months at prices not even the estate agents can believe.

people will always question posts like that.

best not to be so sensitive and fight your corner.

the other ######## that's joined in though, he's a troll for sure :lol:

the trolls had disappeared for a while but they a back today for sure.

HOLA4421

I posted this in another topic but now is actually a perfect moment to try to negotiate a good price on a BTL-type property if you are a hard-nose type. With the 3% rise in stamp duty you have a very good reason to effect a discount on the asking price right now, and come February and March you may be able to renegotiate an even better price because the alternative for the seller might be to re-engage with a depressed market that is 3% more costly to buyers.

It depends on your perspective whether this is underhand or not. But I can see some people trying it, and am not suggesting you do it.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Yes, and your contribution here above, on HPC, add so much.

Anyone still pending this collapse BS is delusional. The guberment will do everything it can including 100% HTB loans, MIRAS, etc..

Or this.

Some of us have a lot more hope given recent political tightening down on BTL. Bang. Bang. Read the pressure some of the BTLers are under.

BTLers still rushing in doesn't mean no HPC - they're making their own market decisions, and many are uttlery convinced in property at any price. You/we can't do anything about that. If they take losses let's hope we don't get another victim-breakdown (media/didn't know what they were doing.) HTB ISA removes FTB demand - fewer buyers in market at they are saving.

Yet the misery pedlars keep posting on about "no HPC" and wanting cred for their great insightful posts.

And yes Count... coming back to whine on why they left. To get a sly dig in.

That said, I think there is a temperate discussion to be had, in the open, between friends, on this matter.

I feel very strongly that we need to argue forcefully and without kid gloves against idiocy and ignorance. There is some irony here. I mock myself for being a Witchfinder, but it is knowing mockery. People tip up here and spout ignorant prejudice, and when you ask them to explain it, not defend it, explain it, then it is soon open season from them for ad hominem attacks and plain as the nose on your face bile. I've not been here long enough to know if you've ever played this particular hand - I've never seen you do it.

As I've stated plainly before, for me, this is the place where destructive idiocy "you can't go wrong with bricks and mortar", "it's always the right time to buy" is called out as nonsense. I am just past forty, the generation coming up behind me are getting crucified by this nonsense and out in the world nobody is calling it nonsense. On these boards, I get to call it nonsense and fight like an animal, armed with evidence and reason, to demonstrate it is nonsense.

I respect your role on the boards - but who would you be talking to if nobody was ensuring that there was a big enough dog in the yard to ensure that the tenor of the conversation was predicated on evidence and reason?

Essentially, we disagree.

Firstly, to my mind, if it is worth posting about, it is worth arguing about, and if it is worth arguing about, then people who post ought to have argument to support their posting. If they don't and they find me wanting to tip into them, why did they post? I read the boards for a solid year before I posted, out of respect for the people who were already posting.

Secondly, cliques is pejorative. What about friendship? What about shared perspectives? Common values? Common purpose? Am I to maintain an existence in splendid isolation, the poster as atom, when working the hard yards in the trenches speaks to a different perspective. Is it a conversation or is it a box collecting submissions?

Thirdly, you make two errors. Firstly, no Witchfinder can stop people posting. Only the Moderators can do that. Secondly, nobody can be chased off the boards. People may find the locals unbearable, but there must always be locals. Do we propose a social space where all voices are honoured equally, in defiance of their mastery of reason and evidence?

You are a scholar of the data. Are you willing to entertain the possibility that others are scholars of the social aspects of the boards?

In my opinion, these boards are a battleground, and there will be fighting. You can elect to remain aloof. As nobody can chase you off and you are unlikely to be banned, that is your prerogative. But for those of us deprived of homes by the voice of reason tw@ts expecting us to rent from them forever, this is the f**king front line, and I fight, and I give it my best shot.

Edited by Venger

HOLA4424

I think TCON has allowed his housing situation to make him demented. I have been attacked myself for thinking out loud about something that didn't fit perfectly into his narrow minded box. It is posters like him who are ruining this site.

:lol:

you really are bricking it today aren't you.

what is it the trolls hate about me?

are my strangely accurate predictions worrying you?

I'd be ####### myself right now if I were up to my ears in debt.

don't worry though, I'm making it all up.

you savvy property types are the ones with all the answers.

your idea of society is the way to go, for sure.

there has been no crash.

the banks are solvent.

there will be no crash.

it really different this time.

this is all sustainable.

prices aren't being supported by ever increasingly angry young people, forced on them by a desperate government

buy to let is not disastrous for society, it's good to live off other people's back, that's the way we should all get on.

we need more immigrants so even poor people can live off then. #### them, they can live ten to a room.

I'm skint and have no savings.

I really don't want a fairer society.

their has been real world price increases, the nationwide graph is wrong.

I'm just a sad lonely bloke who has missed out and I'm bitter and twisted.

why are you all so much better than me?

I wish I were you. I want to be debt rich, not the pretend cash in the bank rich.

I love the trolls, they just confirm everything I think. that's about the only good thing I can say about you.

how desperate must you be to come on here and resort to name calling.

game over. you've lost.

HOLA4425

Although I am glad you posted, accept the truth of it (BTLer buying), and accept your points here.

I enjoy/learn from you posts.

Edited by Venger