House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the_duke_of_hazzard

Question About Nursing Exam

I'm posting here because I'm not sure where else to ask.

Mrs Hazzard did a nursing exam involving giving an injection, a role play with a supervising nurse.

She failed the first one (long story).

During this exam, the ampule split and went 'everywhere'. It was full of water rather than the usual more viscous stuff. She cleaned it up and re-did the procedure.

Anyway, she's worried that this will constitute 'unsafe practice' and she'll be failed and kicked out. Anyone know anything about this kind of thing?

Surely she gets to re-sit/re-test.

And if the ampule split, and it wasn't because she has hands like a bunch of bananas, it's not her fault - surely Mrs Hazard can only be failed on what she does. (I recall a chemistry practical at A-level where the strength of the acid was wrong and everyone failed (stewards enquiry and another go, not a resit)

Hope that helps

Was having an injection at the dentist - roof of the mouth, the syringe exploded due to the pressure. Had to spit out the bits and then sit there for a second go.

Surely she gets to re-sit/re-test.

And if the ampule split, and it wasn't because she has hands like a bunch of bananas, it's not her fault - surely Mrs Hazard can only be failed on what she does. (I recall a chemistry practical at A-level where the strength of the acid was wrong and everyone failed (stewards enquiry and another go, not a resit)

Hope that helps

We had equipment that was visibly dirty for the chemistry practical. I thought that was normal (unless perhaps in posh/expensive schools?)

We had equipment that was visibly dirty for the chemistry practical. I thought that was normal (unless perhaps in posh/expensive schools?)

All good chemists know that clean glassware is your own responsibility :)

LOL no it wasn't a post/expensive school (it was in Hackney!)

It was a titration practical so you need to be certain of one of the chemicals used and they'd issued HCL at the wrong concentration

LOL no it wasn't a post/expensive school (it was in Hackney!)

It was a titration practical so you need to be certain of one of the chemicals used and they'd issued HCL at the wrong concentration

I don't remember a chemistry practical but we did Nuffield chemistry and it was a bloody long time ago and tbh I only remember the O level biology practical cos I had self-taught and had no idea about drawing vertebrae.