House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mikhail Liebenstein

Qatari Royals Kidnapped In Group Of 26 Hunters - Probably By Isis

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3362669/Qatari-royals-26-hunters-kidnapped-gunmen-Iraq.html

Developing news, I suspect this won't be without consequence.

I wonder whether other Royal Families (which are very extended) in the region are going to start facing similar problems.

Perhaps this is the moment some of the Arab nations realise they also need to deal with ISIS.

So, what would make you drive into a foreign country, which is a war zone, to an area, where armed militia are known to operate and to kidnap outsiders, for a bit of hunting?

If you did so would that make you very stupid? Or would it make some people think that you had reason to feel no threat from any of the above?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3362669/Qatari-royals-26-hunters-kidnapped-gunmen-Iraq.html

Developing news, I suspect this won't be without consequence.

I wonder whether other Royal Families (which are very extended) in the region are going to start facing similar problems.

Perhaps this is the moment some of the Arab nations realise they also need to deal with ISIS.

That's very suspicious given that Qatar is one of the gulf states financing and arming ISIS.

This is most likely a fake kidnapping to give Qatar a reason to officially intervene in Syria.

Yesterday Saudi Arabia presented a 34-state military block to 'fight terrorism' and Qatar is part of this coalition.
All they still needed is an excuse to offically get involved in the action.

https://www.rt.com/news/325929-islamic-coalition-terrorism-saudi/

There are discussions [among] countries that are currently part of the coalition [like] Saudi Arabia, the Emirates, Qatar and Bahrain about sending in some special forces into Syria,” Adel al-Jubeir said, as cited by Reuters.

Nothing is off the table,” the minister said, adding that “it depends on the requests that come” and that the picture should become clearer within the next few weeks.

Usual approach to the news in the mail - nice photo captioned with 'file photo of Qatari royals who are not known to be the ones who were abducted'

Remember, the Qatari 'royal family' (like Saudi etc) isn't like the UK Royals - there'll be something like 20,000 members hanging around (5,000 adult males). There are less than 400,000 or so native Qataris - so around 5% of the population is a member of the 'royal family'.

Yesterday Saudi Arabia presented a 34-state military block to 'fight terrorism' and Qatar is part of this coalition.

All they still needed is an excuse to offically get involved in the action.

https://www.rt.com/news/325929-islamic-coalition-terrorism-saudi/

How convenient for the Saudis that this 'terrorist kidnapping' happened in Shia area.

Usual approach to the news in the mail - nice photo captioned with 'file photo of Qatari royals who are not known to be the ones who were abducted'

Remember, the Qatari 'royal family' (like Saudi etc) isn't like the UK Royals - there'll be something like 20,000 members hanging around (5,000 adult males). There are less than 400,000 or so native Qataris - so around 5% of the population is a member of the 'royal family'.

So it's 'the 5%'? They're obviously much more egalitarian than us.

Flol, if you cant read the copy book by now.

One group wants to do something, so they make up a hoax that gives them a pretext to do it.

This will be a hoax, and they will use it as an excuse for something to do with Syria.

ISIS is a creation of the gulf regions like Qatar and Saudi Arabia, why would ISIS kidnap someone from the royal family that is funding them and allowing them to operate.

Come on folks, how much longer until you learn these simple psychological tricks. ISIS is a bogey man, its not real and never has been.

Flol, if you cant read the copy book by now.

One group wants to do something, so they make up a hoax that gives them a pretext to do it.

This will be a hoax, and they will use it as an excuse for something to do with Syria.

ISIS is a creation of the gulf regions like Qatar and Saudi Arabia, why would ISIS kidnap someone from the royal family that is funding them and allowing them to operate.

Come on folks, how much longer until you learn these simple psychological tricks. ISIS is a bogey man, its not real and never has been.

I'm currently in Qatar - it is their National Day tomorrow and for the past week or two bill boards have been going up showing soldiers and jet fighters. National Day always has a parade with a large military component, but I've never seen the military promoted on bill boards before.

@QP1: I'd be interested in seeing any photos if there are military parades / flypasts and you get the chance.

I'll try and dig out some pictures from a previous visit - nothing will persuade me to attend the parade again - Doha will be a nightmare of mismanaged traffic, the herding of single brown men into 'out-of-sight' locations and Qataris balancing young children on top of their Land Cruisers while performing doughnuts and burn-outs.

Guest eight

I'll try and dig out some pictures from a previous visit - nothing will persuade me to attend the parade again - Doha will be a nightmare of mismanaged traffic, the herding of single brown men into 'out-of-sight' locations and Qataris balancing young children on top of their Land Cruisers while performing doughnuts and burn-outs.

The last bit sounds more like Appleby Horse Fair.