House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Are You Worried About A Rate Rise?

I'm worried that they won't.

I'm convinced the fed will raise rates, a tiny amount today, but with the insane prices in the UK, in conjunction with foreign buyers vanishing, London falling and buy toilets getting hammered, apparently, this could swing sentiment away from the you can't loose on houses ethos of the last 2 years, which, quite frankly is incredulous given what happened in 2007

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

I think even homeowners with mortgages might be pretty sanguine about forthcoming rate rises as it impacts on the affordability of future moves, especially if they intend to trade up.

The days when Brits worried about the consequences of game changing decisions probably went out the window when Merkel decided to flood Europe with asylum seekers. So Brexit, higher interest rates...how can things be worse than now.

I think even homeowners with mortgages might be pretty sanguine about forthcoming rate rises as it impacts on the affordability of future moves, especially if they intend to trade up.The days when Brits worried about the consequences of game changing decisions probably went out the window when Merkel decided to flood Europe with asylum seekers. So Brexit, higher interest rates...how can things be worse than now.

no job, no money etc etc.

things, can only get better according to labour 1997.

strangely, things seem much much worse.

no, I'm a saver and have no debt and can afford to live 2 years without working (43 votes [79.63%])

I always knew that we had a lot of savers on here but so many with 2 years salary saved, that's significant (although the statement was about being able to live 2 years without working not having 2 years salary. Anyway, I like to read it as the former). So, well done everybody! :)

I'm more worried about whether the central planners can run the FTSE back up to 6400 before the year's out. <_<

Santa Claus rally from this week 11 of last 12 years, IIRC.

Yes.

Last time UK rates went up (from 3.5% in Oct 2003 to 5.75% in Nov 2007), Halifax house prices followed them up from £138k to £194k.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/graphs-base-rate-uk.php

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/indices-halifax-national.php

Personally I'd like them to go up 6%+ immediately and then gradually fall a little, so I get some better fixed rates and buy a house cheaper, then rates can rise again.

Plus I wonder what the governbankment would do to savers, tax on unearned income etc to pay for a mortgage relief etc.

I know I will stay alive, I've got all my life to live.

Lets hope that it's the end of low rates and that we can look forward to 2016 brings many more.

I know I will stay alive, I've got all my life to live.

Lets hope that it's the end of low rates and that we can look forward to 2016 brings many more.

Most unlikely. Rates will likely stay v low for many years. #turningjapanese

Ha....0.25%......anyone worried about that has a big problem, far too much debt, too much debt than they can handle.......just look at it as what is saved on fuel.....for most people a rate rise will or should have hardly any effect in the scheme of things.....more would benefit from a small rate rise than suffer because of it. ;)