House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

He Fell On To Her

Brown envelopes. Big ones.

Do rape defendants usually have 20 minutes alone time with the judge? Maybe only the ones involving (Saudi) millionaires?

Do rape defendants usually have 20 minutes alone time with the judge? Maybe only the ones involving (Saudi) millionaires?

I think you have misread---the judge closed the court to the public while the man gave evidence. members of the court would all have been there.

I think you have misread---the judge closed the court to the public while the man gave evidence. members of the court would all have been there.

Judge didn't want roars of derisive laughter interrupting the evidence...

Thank you for this, I was wondering. So the jury would have heard all the 'evidence' before deciding the verdict? Just the whole situation seems so blatantly ridiculously obvious that there must be a lot more to it than we know. I hope.

I also didnt expect this to be from the UK !

What to say. What were they thinking ? I suppose it appears she willingly went back for sex with him - and then went to his room for it - but still - if so - why would he make up the random excuse ?

It's an awful miscarriage of justice. When I first read about this I assumed this was a middle eastern court, when it turned out to be blighty my jaw literally dropped.

Probably one of those Sharia courts?

Does anyone think a 'normal' 18 and 24 year old girls go back with a fat, rich, middle-aged fat Arab?

Yes, apart from him being a mega multi millionaire I have no idea what she saw in him......

Actually you know what - and this has been touched upon here in previous cases such as Ched Evans etc..

Law of unintended consequences ? The whole 'consent' laws have become so ridiculous - that if accused of something like this - its now better to just make up some ridiculous excuse - as you have more chance of getting off than actully admitting to having sex ?.... :ph34r:

https://www.rt.com/uk/326057-millionaire-accidentally-raped-teenager/

All the media have virtually word for word the same story. RT have one extra line which I'm sure was in some other articles, though not now.

Defense lawyer Jason Bartfeld QC also claimed the teenager had lied because she was embarrassed that Abdulaziz did not want to have sex with her

http://telegraphvoice.com/2015/12/16/leader-of-islamic-party-cleared-of-raping-teenager/

Most describe him as a millionaire property developer, rather than a political figure.

Jason Bartfield

http://www.187fleetstreet.com/index.php?pr=profile&ba_id=78

I would think that the sort of girls that hang around night clubs hoping to be picked up by seedy arabs and the go back to their flats are what used to be known as "working girls".

"When did you first realise that you had been raped?"

"When the cheque bounced, your honour."