House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EmmaRoid

The Big Fat Christmas Booze Up Thread

If there's one way to get Christmas going, it's going to the pub for breakfast and not stopping till you pass out. So,

When are you going?

Who are you going with?

What time do you expect to at home tucked up in bed?

How many days written off to recover?

Friday.

Workmates (middle aged blokes and token couple of birds).

8pm.

2 days.

Already been

workmates various ages and sexes

1am

0 days, was at the gym 10am sharp the next day even after a skinful (liver of steel or dissolved!)

BTW - are you collating this information for advertising purposes?

Knew I could rely on you bendy.

No advertising purposes other than to draw out the prudes. It wouldn't be fun if it wasn't openly disapproved.

Hard core boozing days well behind me. 3x times possibilities for booze ups, 2 of which look unlikely.

I think these days I prefer the sit in the chair and consume approach. Sad I know.

2 Fridays ago, went to the Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park. Not every bodies cup of tea but we love it and it's not that busy on a Friday earlier in the run.

My Girlfriend and I

Started at 12, got home about 1am

Actually felt pretty good, stayed on the beer which normally means no hang over. Went in to Dishoom for a Bacon Nan breakfast and then back on the boose later that day to celebrate the local micro pubs first birthday.

Had a couple of other events, but nothing too drastic on the drinking front.

Hard core boozing days well behind me. 3x times possibilities for booze ups, 2 of which look unlikely.

I think these days I prefer the sit in the chair and consume approach. Sad I know.

I'm not surprised when you weigh as much as a wet teabag. Fair play to you that you can drink anything.

2 Fridays ago, went to the Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park. Not every bodies cup of tea but we love it and it's not that busy on a Friday earlier in the run.

My Girlfriend and I

Started at 12, got home about 1am

Actually felt pretty good, stayed on the beer which normally means no hang over. Went in to Dishoom for a Bacon Nan breakfast and then back on the boose later that day to celebrate the local micro pubs first birthday.

Had a couple of other events, but nothing too drastic on the drinking front.

That's the Christmas spirit.

Yes, I'm also too much of a lightweight these days to indulge this sort of thing. Will have a 'few' beers with Xmas lunch though.

Can't do that with the kids, so Christmas at home is pretty dry.

Have a litre each of Jack Daniels and French brandy waiting for me under the tree.

Another bottle of Buffalo Trace and Wild Turkey in the cupboard.

That's the Christmas spirits!

Unfortunately, my home brew is still not back on stream, so will have to lay in a stock of beer also.

If there is one place I try to avoid at Christmas it is pubs.

They always tend to be full of office parties. Worse no one is buying simple rounds of beer or lager. Instead, the place is full of occasional boozers wanting wierd and exotic drinks that take an eternity to order and for the bar staff to serve. I used to dread ordering rounds on that sort of jolly since you needed to be Mr Memory to be able to recall all the selections made by people. Far better to buy 3 litres of cider and get quietly legless on your own on a park bench.

Out with work last Thursday 2pm - midnight. Stopped counting my pints at #9 at about 8pm. Plenty of shots too.

Friday by myself in the boozer 4 till about 10. About 10 pints.

Saturday all dayer with pals. 11.30 till about 1am. No idea of amounts. A lot.

Sunday about 6 pints in pub by myself.

This week off it till Friday. Then another all dayer with mates.

Then off to Thailand on Sunday for 3 weeks by myself.

I think I am what's referred to as a "binge" drinker.

:)

If there is one place I try to avoid at Christmas it is pubs.

They always tend to be full of office parties. Worse no one is buying simple rounds of beer or lager. Instead, the place is full of occasional boozers wanting wierd and exotic drinks that take an eternity to order and for the bar staff to serve. I used to dread ordering rounds on that sort of jolly since you needed to be Mr Memory to be able to recall all the selections made by people. Far better to buy 3 litres of cider and get quietly legless on your own on a park bench.

No Christmas booze up for me as I had to go teetotal 25 years ago because I'd drank myself to the brink of death.

Your mention of people not having their usual drink reminds me of an epic works christmas booze up on christmas eve when I was 19. Someone suggested everyone had a different drink than they normally had so I opted for southern comfort. Can't recall how many I had but I was pissed after the midday lunch. Then it was back to the office where the blokes laid on booze for the office girls in the games room. (This was in the 70's at the south of scotland electricity board).

I drank spirits all afternoon and had to be helped up to the 5 o'clock bus by a very attractive apprentice electrician. My boyfriend was on the bus as he was spending christmas day with my family. It didn't go down too well that I was snogging the electrican when the bus stopped.

I gave the bus driver a note and said "Keep the chawnge" then staggered up the aisle and collapsed over boyfriend. At some point in the 16 mile journey I vomited and can't remember much else about getting home. Mother was furious, ranting about inviting someone for christmas and getting in such a state blah blah blah. Next day I was so ill I couldn't eat christmas dinner or be sociable at all. Got dumped by boyfriend unsurprisingly.

Amazingly I continued to drink excessively for 13 more years until I had to quit or die.

Like last year I won't be drinking anything at my long and very enjoyable lunch party. Most people don't drink or drink very little because they're driving but it remains very enjoyable; great bunch of people. You certainly can drink as much as you want without it being frowned upon and I have joined the drinking crowd in past years but because this means staying in a hotel and driving back the next morning the pleasure of drinking was outweighed by the inconvenience.

This is a big difference to the days when I worked in London and hardly anybody drove; parties then were as I have been reading above. Not drinking at one of those parties would have put me in a minority of a one and it's not that I'm not drinking on principle.

Going to see Star Wars this morning then work Xmas lunch at 1pm followed by booze. I don't think it will be a late one but I may be in the 'bump when drunk' thread this eve.

I'm having an amazingly sober Christmas. I will be driving too much. :blink: I might get a bit wasted for new year!

I seem to have become a complete lightweight in my old age. Went to my teams office lunch today and just had two small bottles of beer to drink. Have to say I prefer to settle down with a bottle of wine at home now so I don't have to far to stagger to get to bed. That said in the past I had a fantastic homing instinct as a drunk no matter how inebriated. I invariably managed to stagger to my front door even if on a couple of occasions I passed out as soon as I got inside only to be woken hours later by the post dropping through the letterbox on top of me.

No 'bump when drunk' for me after all. Although I was drinking from 1pm until about 9:30pm it was all quite spaced out. I just have a pleasant buzz rather than being hammered. Roll on more drinks next week.

Guest eight

No Christmas booze up for me as I had to go teetotal 25 years ago because I'd drank myself to the brink of death.

Your mention of people not having their usual drink reminds me of an epic works christmas booze up on christmas eve when I was 19. Someone suggested everyone had a different drink than they normally had so I opted for southern comfort. Can't recall how many I had but I was pissed after the midday lunch. Then it was back to the office where the blokes laid on booze for the office girls in the games room. (This was in the 70's at the south of scotland electricity board).

I drank spirits all afternoon and had to be helped up to the 5 o'clock bus by a very attractive apprentice electrician. My boyfriend was on the bus as he was spending christmas day with my family. It didn't go down too well that I was snogging the electrican when the bus stopped.

I gave the bus driver a note and said "Keep the chawnge" then staggered up the aisle and collapsed over boyfriend. At some point in the 16 mile journey I vomited and can't remember much else about getting home. Mother was furious, ranting about inviting someone for christmas and getting in such a state blah blah blah. Next day I was so ill I couldn't eat christmas dinner or be sociable at all. Got dumped by boyfriend unsurprisingly.

Amazingly I continued to drink excessively for 13 more years until I had to quit or die.

At least this all happened in Scotland, so nobody noticed.

Ha ha!

Which country is your drinking like?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-30500372

I got Belarus...Or at least Belarus wasn't quite as bad as me :)

Probably a good job I stopped altogether

P

I got...

Your drinking habits are unlike the average from any country.

Although I think asking me how many drinks have you had in the last week really wasn't the best idea at christmas. It think's I'm drinking 1000+ pints a year.

Well I have re-surfaced.

Out with work last Thursday 2pm - midnight. Stopped counting my pints at #9 at about 8pm. Plenty of shots too.

Friday by myself in the boozer 4 till about 10. About 10 pints.

Saturday all dayer with pals. 11.30 till about 1am. No idea of amounts. A lot.

Sunday about 6 pints in pub by myself.

This week off it till Friday. Then another all dayer with mates.

Then off to Thailand on Sunday for 3 weeks by myself.

I think I am what's referred to as a "binge" drinker.

:)

That makes me feel better.