House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

needle

Web Hosting For A Family Website

Heres what I want -

I want to put up a simple family-tree website so all the relatives can keep in touch.

I want to get a name like "SmithFamily.com"

I want a simple interface where I can just drag and drop pictures and edit blogs

I want to lock some pages from public view where I can put up family contact details so everyone can view them (this year again I am ringing around to ask addresses for Christmas cards)

If anyone has done anything similar or knows where I can do it cheaply and easily let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Heres what I want -

I want to put up a simple family-tree website so all the relatives can keep in touch.

I want to get a name like "SmithFamily.com"

I want a simple interface where I can just drag and drop pictures and edit blogs

I want to lock some pages from public view where I can put up family contact details so everyone can view them (this year again I am ringing around to ask addresses for Christmas cards)

If anyone has done anything similar or knows where I can do it cheaply and easily let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Hi needle, some of what you want I can help you with, some of it, I may be able to help and some of it I don't fully understand.

If you want www.smithfamily.com or something similar you will need to host your site and you're looking at approx £25 per year for the name and hosting. This is going to be the most costly and complicated and if you don't already have experience with editing / uploading websites you will probably need a lot of help to start with.

You could start by looking at these sites to see if they give you what you're looking for