House Price Crash Forum
rollover

Homeowners Got An Early Christmas Present

House prices soar up £1,700 a month with record highs expected in 2016 HOMEOWNERS got an early Christmas present today with figures revealing that house prices have gone up by £55 every day for the past year. And the bonanza does not end there, with a New Year prediction that property is due to rise by £46 a day throughout 2016. The startling report from website Rightmove reveals that house sellers’ average asking prices ended the year around £20,000 higher than at the start of 2015 – a rise of £1,700 a month. And in a year’s time asking prices will be another £17,000 higher, pushing the price of the average home above £300,000 for the first time.

Looks like more migrants are comming.

No presents for generation rent then? No? Oh well, they must have been naughty then.......bad renters, no presents for you.....

Can't be arsed posting a link to the exact same story in the Daily Mail... What did make me laugh in the Mail is you've got Miles Shitside pronouncing that ''NOW IS A GREAT TIME BUY!''.... Then in the very next paragraph you've got Miles Shitside pronouncing ''NOW IS A GREAT TIME TO SELL!''

Desperate ramping of a seized up market.

"pushing the price of the average home above £300,000"

with the average median wage in my area being 20k, ha ha good luck with that. soon is coming the time where people will have to work for a living.

Compounding stuff always gives unbelievable results.

I just think of the Chinese chess set, 1 grain or rice on first square, then 2, then 4 and so on.

The whole point of the Chinese chess set conundrum was that it represented unsustainable returns.

Got to love how they always spin rises and a win for all. It's meaningless unless your selling and even then you usually need to buy something else.

They have to keep spinning forever rising prices....else why would people continue to borrow to buy them?

But, but, didn't Halifax say that prices dropped by -0.2% last month! Oh, I see, its one of those articles that is designed to hide any negative data! :P

Add link: http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/207596-halifax-uk-prices-fall-by-02-per-cent-in-november/

Edited by renting til I die

HOMEOWNERS got an early Christmas present today with figures revealing that house prices have gone up by £55 every day for the past year.

And the bonanza does not end there, with a New Year prediction that property is due to rise by £46 a day throughout 2016.

Pah - chicken feed.

It's so old hat, you can get more income as a part time nail architect.

Edited by billybong

As a home owner myself, how on earth is this a Christmas present? It simply means my next home will be more expensive and/or existing one more difficult to sell.

Substitute Home for Bread in the article - and the insanity becomes clear.

Guest eight

You aren't expected to have signed over a large amount of your take home pay for the next 25 years to pay for bread?

I bought and froze so much discount bread from Lidl on Sunday (dead because of the snow) that I now have much of next year's morning toast taken care of.