House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steppenpig

Oh No

This is what google says to me, when the page crashes as I look at the index page of off topic to long, or try and click one of the threads.

Curiously, I seem to be able to avoid it if I quickly scroll down an inch or so, I can then use the page as normal.

Anyone else finding it a bit crashy the last few days?

One of either Chrome or Firefox says "aw snap" when it crashes. I've had to find new levels of self control not to smash the device I'm viewing it on. I've tried to search for a way to change the wording or turn it off, but to no avail. I'm really nowhere near as bothered about the actual crash itself.

Anyone else finding it a bit crashy the last few days?

No, it works fine.

I'm assuming you're using Chrome - I don't use that much (IE11 here) though what you describe is, or was (they may have fixed it now) normal with the new Microsoft Edge browser which crashes/crashed all the time.

I opened up Chrome (Version 47.0.2526.80 m) and left the Off-Topic home page loaded for a few minutes, then scrolled/clicked, and it's fine.

Have you upgraded the OS or hardware recently?

What really takes the piss with Microsoft Edge is if you have their own email service Hotmail/Outlook - whatever they're calling it these days - open in it you have to refresh to see any new messages when in Chrome they display automatically.

In fairness I'm getting much less crashing in Edge than Chrome where 'Shockwave flash has crashed' used to be a favourite. Although I have the all new, to me, 'Intel display driver has crashed and recovered' periodically. It's all an improvement to the days of being constantly hectored to send an error report.