House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rare Bear

Buying Premium Bonds For Someone Else

You can't.

Yous tried to by some for herself and I'm told that you can only buy for yourself or a child. Seems a bit silly and more importentl, what the hell can I buy her for Christmas now?

Lots of National Lottery scratch-cards.

That's a NAUGHTY suggestion! :blink:

It would be a lot more fun on Christmas Day, though. The whole family could divide them up between themselves and sit around the Christmas tree scratching them off.

Maybe if you bought enough you could get a free plastic display cabinet/dispenser like they have in shops, and mount it to the wall next to the toilet.

You can't.

Yous tried to by some for herself and I'm told that you can only buy for yourself or a child. Seems a bit silly and more importentl, what the hell can I buy her for Christmas now?

It's because we're all terrorists these days. Can't have people just transferring money around, you know. It's a slippery slope - next thing you know they'll all be buying Premium Bonds as pressies for relatives. And where will we be then? Praying to Mecca, that's what.

Thank God we have the government keeping any eye on us all.

Lots of National Lottery scratch-cards.

Premium Bonds offer a much higher (indeed, positive) rate of return overall.

Less exciting, though, than watching a lottery draw I guess.

I don't do the lottery.

i've had much more fun with ping-pong balls than doing the lottery, but that's another story.

You can't.

For your child I think.

nnoying isn't it. I thought it'd make a nice present for his god-daughter to have some of those child bond things (The parents can't spend it and neither can the kid until they're 16/18) but they're not buy-able either.

Hmm, if you can buy PM for someone else's kid then she can have one of them.

1 ) Buy Premium Bonds in your name

2 ) Change your name to child's by deed poll

3 ) Change child's name to your old name by deed poll.

You can't change a child's name without a court agreeing.

S change yours to the child's and then buy the bonds..

For your child I think.

nnoying isn't it. I thought it'd make a nice present for his god-daughter to have some of those child bond things (The parents can't spend it and neither can the kid until they're 16/18) but they're not buy-able either.

Hmm, if you can buy PM for someone else's kid then she can have one of them.

as long as you have parent's consent there is no harm in sticking a hundred or two in premium bonds for a kid.

probably makes sense, as if you give the child money directly, it will be spooned on something really pointless like apple selfie vouchers.

just give them something small as a token, and explain that the main event happens when they are 18, and they find out they have a couple of grand in savings.

if they have half a dozen relatives doing the same thing, then over the course of 15 years that is almost the deposit on a house