House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Israel - What Is The Endgame?

I don't mean tomorrow. Or next week. Or next year.

But what is the endgame for Israel 50 or 100 years from now.

It does not look good. I know predictions of the future are often rubbish but I can't see a good outcome for Israel a century from now. Perhaps it will take longer but I, going by current world politics, I can't see the whole 'Israel thing' ending well.

There is a growing Islamic population in the world.

Their traditional allies of Western Europe and the United States are, at least in the case of Europe, changing dramatically. I wonder how long before the US of A goes down the same road that Merkel and Co are now leading Europe.

India and China do not seem natural bedfellow for Israel and, even if they were, they are some way away from an Israel which is increasingly finding itself isolated and surrounded.

Russia would, currently, seem to be the best longterm option for Israel as a friend and ally - but who knows whether Russia will end up like Western Europe.

All that Bible stuff about end of days. It might not be today or tomorrow but a 50 or a 100 or so years from now? Who knows.

I don't mean tomorrow. Or next week. Or next year.

But what is the endgame for Israel 50 or 100 years from now.

It does not look good. I know predictions of the future are often rubbish but I can't see a good outcome for Israel a century from now. Perhaps it will take longer but I, going by current world politics, I can't see the whole 'Israel thing' ending well.

There is a growing Islamic population in the world.

Their traditional allies of Western Europe and the United States are, at least in the case of Europe, changing dramatically. I wonder how long before the US of A goes down the same road that Merkel and Co are now leading Europe.

India and China do not seem natural bedfellow for Israel and, even if they were, they are some way away from an Israel which is increasingly finding itself isolated and surrounded.

Russia would, currently, seem to be the best longterm option for Israel as a friend and ally - but who knows whether Russia will end up like Western Europe.

All that Bible stuff about end of days. It might not be today or tomorrow but a 50 or a 100 or so years from now? Who knows.

They have nukes.

If faced with annihilation they will use them.

Do people need to know more.

They have nukes.

If faced with annihilation they will use them.

Do people need to know more.

They have enough nukes to threaten their immediate neighbours today.

But who will Israel's enemies be in 50 or 100 years? Where will they be geogprahically?

But who will Israel's enemies be in 50 or 100 years? Where will they be geogprahically?

If the west doesn't come to their aid they'll use the Samson Doctrine and nuke us instead

Doesn't the US subsidise Israel? Having nukes means nothing if you have no workable economy. The trouble for Israel is if any of the Arab nations get nukes or if Pakistan becomes militant. They already have nukes, what happens if militant fundamentalists take over the country we could see the middle east become increasingly unstable.

If the west doesn't come to their aid they'll use the Samson Doctrine and nuke us instead

Interesting. I had a good read on wikipedia.

But as the nunbers of enemies grows and grows... and weapons move from missiles to rail guns to lasers... it surely will become harder and harder to defend against.

Doesn't the US subsidise Israel? Having nukes means nothing if you have no workable economy. The trouble for Israel is if any of the Arab nations get nukes or if Pakistan becomes militant. They already have nukes, what happens if militant fundamentalists take over the country we could see the middle east become increasingly unstable.

What if Western Europe becomes Islamic and anti-Israel? :rolleyes: Move on 50 or 100 years and what if the US goes the same way?

The USA used to subsidise Israel but not any more. They are economically self sufficient. There is still some joint military programmes which may involve an element of subsidy but it is tiny compared to the size of the Israeli economy.

I wrote the above from memory. Then I did a little light googling.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/israel/gdp

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_in_Europe_by_GDP_%28nominal%29_per_capita

Israel has a higher GDP per capita than Italy or Spain. Impressive for the time in which it has been achieved.

But who does Israel sell to and how many of those markets will dry up in the decades ahead?

Islam as a force is neutered (as all muslims now live in Europe) and it's ball-less corpse staggers around for 50 years before dropping dead just after all the oil runs out.

We all have a party, sing, dance and get drunk!

Yay!

But who does Israel sell to and how many of those markets will dry up in the decades ahead?

I had no idea. Google provides. http://globaledge.msu.edu/countries/israel/tradestats

It would seem the USA is Israels biggest export market followed by China and a number of EU countries. The future? If I could see that the bookies would take a hiding.

I'm sure Israel has plenty of things up it's sleeve that are classified. I think they would go down fighting and would use nukes rather than suffer a second holocaust.

I'm sure Israel has plenty of things up it's sleeve that are classified. I think they would go down fighting and would use nukes rather than suffer a second holocaust.

Yep.

Win or lose they won't go quietly to their deaths again and will take a lot of others with them. The fact they don't scream and shout about it like a lot of Islamic fundamentalists does not mean they won't do it if pushed in extremis.

Israel is surrounded on all sides by Arab countries which all have a tendency towards unstable government and random wars involving multiple military factions.

Sooner or later some group or other in one of those countries is going to get Nukes or dirty bombs and then it will all end with a big mushroom cloud.

Israel may have their own nukes but thats only useful if you know who the enemy is.

Well, the Jews believe their Warrior Messiah will come to save them and conquer their enemies, so that is what they are holding out for. As for their enemies, they believe Jesus will come back and help them fight the "false Messiah" and this will trigger Armageddon.

Religious nonsense that will never be resolved.

Well, the Jews believe their Warrior Messiah will come to save them and conquer their enemies, so that is what they are holding out for. As for their enemies, they believe Jesus will come back and help them fight the "false Messiah" and this will trigger Armageddon.

Religious nonsense that will never be resolved.

I'm not religious but to my eyes, Armageddon looks more likely by the day!

What Israel need is for their neighbours to develop so they no longer feel threatened by each other.

That is probably outside of their direct control, but they could probably do more to help.

Also, fewer land grabs would probably help relieve some of the short term tensions. They aren't exactly "good neighbours".

the United nations.

Interestingly enough, North america(in isolation after pulverising the ME), Northern Europe(with 4 governors) and Russia(annexing a few of the baltics) will Not be in it.

( choosing instead to forge new regional super-blocs in their own right).

We will be joining north america bloc.

The UN then consolidates everything else into a 10 division collective

(extract from book of daniel)

The much higher birth rate of Israeli Arabs over Israeli Jews is a demographic wave that will mean that it ceases to be a majority Jewish state; at which point Israel becomes just another middle East Muslim country.

No drama or apocalypse required, out with a whimper not with a bang.

pakistan going militant is pretty much a foregone conclusion.

The most likely option is that they'll hang in there somehow. They've managed it for 50+ years surrounded by hostiles, they'll easily do it for another 50+.

Even if they lost US support, the international Jewish community would step up with funds, arms etc.

The much higher birth rate of Israeli Arabs over Israeli Jews is a demographic wave that will mean that it ceases to be a majority Jewish state; at which point Israel becomes just another middle East Muslim country.

No drama or apocalypse required, out with a whimper not with a bang.

they haven't read the bible then.

seems that this particular mode of attack is going to fail spectacularly, and the surrounding arab countries will be decimated.

allowing for the inner "greater isreal" bit of nile to euphrates to come to fruition.

only after quite a few years, a much wealthier isreal, and an agreement on mostly demilitarisiation in the area, will the nasty sneak attack happen(aka gog and magog.....or the assyrian if you prefer old testament nomenclature)....and that will be the one where half the city is captured and god steps in to sort it out.