House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spotting The Space Station

ON the spotthestation.nasa.gov website it gives details as to the time/elevation of when the ISS is in your local area. Can anyone help me decipher it? For instance today it says:

14 above SSW 10 above E

(The 14 and 10 have a degree symbol after them)

So using a compass I can find SSW or E .... but what is the degrees above bit all about?

ON the spotthestation.nasa.gov website it gives details as to the time/elevation of when the ISS is in your local area. Can anyone help me decipher it? For instance today it says:

14 above SSW 10 above E

(The 14 and 10 have a degree symbol after them)

So using a compass I can find SSW or E .... but what is the degrees above bit all about?

0 = horizon. 90 = straight up.

So it'll start low in the SSW and finish low in the east. Moves pretty quickly so it's easy to distinguish from a star/planet (not so much from an aeroplane).

0 = horizon. 90 = straight up.

So it'll start low in the SSW and finish low in the east. Moves pretty quickly so it's easy to distinguish from a star/planet (not so much from an aeroplane).

Great thanks.... off to the beach with my young daughter to try and spot it! :)

There are Smartphone apps for stars/planets, not sure if they include SS? Piss-easy to use, litterally point it at the sky.

SkyView. At least for Apple tarts.

The sad thing is people actually believe this exists.

It's simply a fake, with the money allegedly being spent on it being funneled to fund an elite base on the moon for our lizard overlords. The star you see in the sky is nothing more than a projected fake, like the bat signal.

Thank goodness you remembered the second S. Just for a moment.

What?! oh pants.

Maybe your beach is a request stop? :wacko:

It's simply a fake, with the money allegedly being spent on it being funneled to fund an elite base on the moon for our lizard overlords. The star you see in the sky is nothing more than a projected fake, like the bat signal.

Erranta is that you?

Tosh. The ISS is real. It is us that is the projection.

It is not really the space station.

It is all a clever lure by the reptoids to program people.

You look up at the night sky and for several seconds, which you do not feel passing, you are programmed with a laser direct to the retinas reinforcing your obedience to them.

Do not look up!

You don't honestly think that the planet has spent billions to put a space station in orbit merely to grow water cress in zero gravity do you?

Is it just my local radio station that repeatedly bolts this onto the forecast?

I did pop out to have a look last Christmas Eve as they were trailing it as Santa's sledge. It didn't half shift and it was recognisably larger and less round than the stars.

The British bloke getting to the space station, anybody interested other than the BBC running virtual 24 hour coverage of this non event and worthy of headlining in the main news.

Not only am I not that interested, I actually feel quite sick thinking about the claustrophobic conditions, a bit like being buried alive in space, and then there is that bloody bone and muscle wastage thing they keep mentioning, by which time I am feeling ready to pass out.

Yep no chance of me being an astronaut, hate confinement and not being able to walk in open spaces. God knows what these guys that do it are on.

Guest eight

The British bloke getting to the space station, anybody interested other than the BBC running virtual 24 hour coverage of this non event and worthy of headlining in the main news.

Not only am I not that interested, I actually feel quite sick thinking about the claustrophobic conditions, a bit like being buried alive in space, and then there is that bloody bone and muscle wastage thing they keep mentioning, by which time I am feeling ready to pass out.

Yep no chance of me being an astronaut, hate confinement and not being able to walk in open spaces. God knows what these guys that do it are on.

Six months in a space station might seem like a long time, but I'm sure it will just fly over.

I too, am completely unmoved.

Whatever you do don't let your mind wander and consider that you are currently on spaceship earth. You are trapped. Don't watch that Carl Sagan blue dot video. Don't.

Look at this and tell me it isn't fake. Tell me that hair isn't hair sprayed into this ridiculous style. Does hair really look like this in zero G? Really? Just springs back into shape?

Zero G planes, CGI, hairspray and lots of mockery for the fact people believe this shit.

Anyone who is a scientist or understands scientific methodology and listens to the way these people talk about 'experiments' knows instantly, or should do that these people aren't scientists and aren't doing or have no understanding of what scientific experiments entail.

Look at this and tell me it isn't fake. Tell me that hair isn't hair sprayed into this ridiculous style. Does hair really look like this in zero G? Really? Just springs back into shape?

Zero G planes, CGI, hairspray and lots of mockery for the fact people believe this shit.

Anyone who is a scientist or understands scientific methodology and listens to the way these people talk about 'experiments' knows instantly, or should do that these people aren't scientists and aren't doing or have no understanding of what scientific experiments entail.

The ISS is real, but I think the Earth is a hoax.