House Price Crash Forum

Being A Stressed Out Bear Isn't Going To Effect Your Longevity

crashmonitor

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Sleep is a major factor in my opinion. Stress is a killer as too much of it can trigger mental illness and this can be reinforced by poor living conditions and moments of crisis in your life.

My sleep hasn't been good for years and there's no doubt in my mind that it's probably taken around 10 years off my life but there's little I could have done about some of it.

Just eat well, sleep well, exercise regularly, watch your weight and don't drink or smoke too much you'll have a long life. But the mind is a funny thing and I think realising some of this is a problem in itself. Ignorance is bliss when it comes to stress in my opinion.

HOLA444

Sleep is a major factor in my opinion. Stress is a killer as too much of it can trigger mental illness and this can be reinforced by poor living conditions and moments of crisis in your life.

My sleep hasn't been good for years and there's no doubt in my mind that it's probably taken around 10 years off my life but there's little I could have done about some of it.

Just eat well, sleep well, exercise regularly, watch your weight and don't drink or smoke too much you'll have a long life. But the mind is a funny thing and I think realising some of this is a problem in itself. Ignorance is bliss when it comes to stress in my opinion.

May be stress is a killer as you say, but may be that is counter-balanced by the fact that worriers might be better at forward planning and have a more realistic assessment of life ahead where as the happy Madame Bovary's of this world probably blissfully spend and be merry into the abyss.

I've often wondered why so many ''happy'' and successful people seem to go down with cancer, and it does seem that there is no correlation to happiness there.

HOLA445

Isnt this perhaps just down to simple maths ?

If your poor sleep means you are awake for many more hours - your body is 'working' for many more hours - so it wont last as long ?

Poor sleep for 10 years = more time 'alive' for 10 years = you die 10 years early ?

HOLA446

If your poor sleep means you are awake for many more hours - your body is 'working' for many more hours - so it wont last as long ?

Poor sleep for 10 years = more time 'alive' for 10 years = you die 10 years early ?

I sleep pretty well so long as I keep up my walking routine, that's 10 miles a day plus. As soon as I lapse and have a sedentary day I don't sleep. Perhaps I am just wearing myself out in the day as opposed to the night.

HOLA447

I wish it were that simple. Take a look at Disability Adjusted Life Years or DALYs. It's not so much the time you have but the quality of it.

Archived