House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
winkie

Should Governments Drop Money Out Of Helicopters?

Desperate times need SENSIBLE measures.

#letmktsetrates #banQE #banbankbailouts #prosecutebankgenerals #banHTB #bringbackcapitalism

To me, it's a question only of when rather than if. How long will the central bank mafia wait before intervening decisively? Everything that's happened since 2008 suggests they will prioritise the maintenance of financial asset prices before a debt deleveraging becomes entrenched. The QE experiment has clearly reached (exceeded) the limits of its effectiveness, thus the only way to re-inflate the economy going forward is via current prices i.e. helicopters.

To me, it's a question only of when rather than if. How long will the central bank mafia wait before intervening decisively? Everything that's happened since 2008 suggests they will prioritise the maintenance of financial asset prices before a debt deleveraging becomes entrenched. The QE experiment has clearly reached (exceeded) the limits of its effectiveness, thus the only way to re-inflate the economy going forward is via current prices i.e. helicopters.

It's certainly when rather than if, but I think it's also how. Obviously money from helicopters is just a metaphor, so how will the government actually intervene?

Public spending?

QE for the people? (and what's that? £1000 each free?)

Lower taxes? (lower taxes and same spending is equivalent to same taxes and higher spending - but favours different people)

Debt relief for debtors?

Something else?

I will buy a huge leaf blower and put it in reverse to suck the money into a transit van. Or borrow lots of money and buy assets, and sell once the money reaches there. This saves the black friday like fights over money beneath the helicopters.

they already did.

they only used one helicopter and it was hovering over the city of London.

Hasn't it been effectively hovering over the City of London for several decades now?

Edited by Errol

I want a citizen's income.......oh hang on there is one already but the catch is you have to wait til you're 60 something to get it. Maybe they could lower the age a little to 30 something. That would be great :)