House Price Crash Forum
fru-gal

Donald Trump

Doubt he will get the nomination. The money men behind the republican party will scupper his bid I imagine. It would be interesting if he was POTUS. Think of all those wars. Buy Lockheed Martin and Boeing shares???

Doubt he will get the nomination. The money men behind the republican party will scupper his bid I imagine. It would be interesting if he was POTUS. Think of all those wars. Buy Lockheed Martin and Boeing shares???

I think so too but it will be interesting what the reaction to it is. If Trump is 30-40% in the polls at the time and the nomination is given to one of the "establishment" politicians on sub 10%, it surely exposes democracy in the States as a total con without argument. I think it could tear the party apart and create a protest movement. Trump is tapping into something over there.

I think so too but it will be interesting what the reaction to it is. If Trump is 30-40% in the polls at the time and the nomination is given to one of the "establishment" politicians on sub 10%, it surely exposes democracy in the States as a total con without argument. I think it could tear the party apart and create a protest movement. Trump is tapping into something over there.

The nomination is democratic. If Trump starts winning in the primaries there's nothing anyone can do to stop him becoming the nominee.

Didnt Ron Paul pick up most the votes from the actual republican people last time round...and yet still Mitt Romney got the nomination?

Not sure how it works, but presumably Jeb Bush or perhaps Rubio will be the candidate. And Hitlery on the democrat side of things.

Challenging establishment politics is bad enough in the UK. In the US its damn near impossible. If a self funded guy a lot more promising than Trump couldnt do it (Perot), cant see how anyone else can pull it off...although even if when Trump doesnt get the nomination, id love for him to run as a Third Party candidate, just to pi$$ Bush off. Bush could hardly be more offensive if he had a silver spoon protruding from his mouth.

Trump won't be president.

I despair for Yanks in their choices of corrupt scumbag to become leader.

I think choice is a bit generous. There aint much to differentiate between them.

I used to laugh at the yanks for 'choosing' the guy with the best hair and teeth. Though in hindsight, given there isnt much else to seperate them, Its as good a measure as any to vote for them.

Didnt Ron Paul pick up most the votes from the actual republican people last time round...and yet still Mitt Romney got the nomination?

Not sure how it works, but presumably Jeb Bush or perhaps Rubio will be the candidate. And Hitlery on the democrat side of things.

Challenging establishment politics is bad enough in the UK. In the US its damn near impossible. If a self funded guy a lot more promising than Trump couldnt do it (Perot), cant see how anyone else can pull it off...although even if when Trump doesnt get the nomination, id love for him to run as a Third Party candidate, just to pi$$ Bush off. Bush could hardly be more offensive if he had a silver spoon protruding from his mouth.

No he didn't - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_presidential_primaries,_2012

There was an attempt by some of his supporters to gerrymander the election in his favour but it was unsuccessful.

Also don't underestimate what Ross Perot achieved. Running as an independent, without support from either party he picked up nearly 20% of the national vote.

There would be no reaction. The media is controlled just like the media here in the UK. Look at UKIP - whether you love or hate them you can't deny the number of votes they had in the general election yet some broadcasters still continue to make snide jibes at them implying that anyone who voted for them is a racist.

Trump will face the same thing in the US IMPO. The broadcasters probably are hedging their bets currently just in case he does end up POTUS... but the moment he is out of the race I suspect the liberals in the US media will go in for the kill.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/donald-trumps-voicemails-hacked-by-anonymous-a6913861.html

In behind-the-scenes audio leaked from an MSNBC interview in February, Mr Trump instructs Mr Scarborough and Ms Brezinski to "make us all look good", and asks for "nothing too hard" when Ms Brezinski asks if she should question him about his immigration policies.

The messages may also provoke awkward questions for Mr Trump. He has repeatedly distanced himself from what many of his supporters perceive as a liberal elite in the media.

That happens every now and then. Then they die.

Read recently he has self-funded his campaign to the tune of $25M (well, it was actually mostly a series of loans, lent to himself). This is chump change to the elite. Are we really to believe that ANYONE who has a spare $50M or so has a good shot of becoming the President of the USA??? Of course not!

Don't believe the hype about Trump being anti-establishment.Trump's candidacy and on-going apparent success has been sanctioned from the very top. If, or when they decide they don't need him, or he has gone too far, drifted off script etc., he will be brought down, either through a scandal so damaging he won't recover public confidence, or by a government sponsored bullet.

Read recently he has self-funded his campaign to the tune of $25M (well, it was actually mostly a series of loans, lent to himself). This is chump change to the elite. Are we really to believe that ANYONE who has a spare $50M or so has a good shot of becoming the President of the USA??? Of course not!

Don't believe the hype about Trump being anti-establishment.Trump's candidacy and on-going apparent success has been sanctioned from the very top. If, or when they decide they don't need him, or he has gone too far, drifted off script etc., he will be brought down, either through a scandal so damaging he won't recover public confidence, or by a government sponsored bullet.

I wouldnt be surprised as he is a bit thick and has such a huge ego. So big that he wouldnt notice being used by a much more subtle means..

Is the cigarette smoking man back in the x-files yet?

Advertising is not as important as competence.

There is a groundswell of the US middle majority want to rebuild their Country...Jobs are dissappearing, the Federal Police are running out of control, and ALL the candidates, other than Trump, support Globalisation, the main reason for the Country's situation.

Trumps message is simple...We want our Country and jobs back...

Sadly I've always had the impression he was just trying to raise his profile, and was as surprised as anyone to find himself winning.

The president before last, just happened to be the son of the bloke who was president a few years beforehand. Of all the people in the country, that just happened to be the one most qualified to lead it.

Then we had the black fellow for a while, to show how progressive we are. Remember all the 'hope' stuff when he was first elected and people all patting themselves on the back? I wonder how much things have actually changed for the better for the average person in America since then.

Now it looks like the person who will be the president just happens to be the wife of the bloke who was president a few years beforehand. Of all the people in the country, that just happened to be the one most qualified to lead it. But don't criticize her because it's time the country showed how progressive they are by having a woman president. Curb your misogyny.

It's all so obviously corrupt.

I think Trump taps into people who are sick of all that, but I don't think they're in great enough numbers to win him the presidency. I think he'll tear the republican vote apart and hand Hilary a win on a plate. God help America.

Edited by JoeDavola

He's a known pal of the Clintons... and a Democrat by association.

Probably being 'paid' to guarantee Hilary's win.

He'll bow out sometime in the summer, early autumn, leaving the GOP in a shambles.

Follow on with some big contracts and rule bending for Trump...

Maybe?

Edited by cashinmattress

Stranger things have happened. It would seem to be what he's doing, and by being over-the-top helps to cement the idea from the left that all right wingers are insane and or stupid.

(I don't think Trump is either of those things, but the lefty masses (some of which have never achieved anything of note), seem to like saying that about him on facebook)

Paddypower odds at the current time. Slightly worser odds than Corbyn.....

Really? I see Ben Carson listed there, but didn't he drop out after "super tuesday"? There are names worse than Trump on that list!

I suspect the least-bad prospective candidate may have been the one who was rumoured as an independent but never actually entered the race, Michael Bloomberg.

He'll bow out sometime in the summer, early autumn, leaving the GOP in a shambles.

Follow on with some big contracts and rule bending for Trump...

Maybe?

Looky here...Ted Cruz, candidate, paid $500,000 to his COMPETITOR....who suggests the elites want to tie it all up?

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=231211

The president before last, just happened to be the son of the bloke who was president a few years beforehand. Of all the people in the country, that just happened to be the one most qualified to lead it.

Then we had the black fellow for a while, to show how progressive we are. Remember all the 'hope' stuff when he was first elected and people all patting themselves on the back? I wonder how much things have actually changed for the better for the average person in America since then.

Now it looks like the person who will be the president just happens to be the wife of the bloke who was president a few years beforehand. Of all the people in the country, that just happened to be the one most qualified to lead it. But don't criticize her because it's time the country showed how progressive they are by having a woman president. Curb your misogyny.

It's all so obviously corrupt.

I think Trump taps into people who are sick of all that, but I don't think they're in great enough numbers to win him the presidency. I think he'll tear the republican vote apart and hand Hilary a win on a plate. God help America.

I sincerely hope Hillary is arrested for her crimes before the election starts.

Having continuous "royals" in a post that is supposed to be administrative leads to Kim Il Un, or whatever is name is, threatening also to nuke his neighbours.

Hillary has threatened Nukes but as a voice from behind, but she HAS corrupted her secrecy, she HAS had a hand in supply arms to the ISLAMISTS, and she needs to keep quiet it was her husband that supplied Nuclear Capability to N.Korea....as her current Globalist Islamist has now allowed to Iran....

Trump seems to want to do the opposite...keep the US to themselves, tax competition that doesnt meet the production standards of the US, and close its borders....If you were running a factory, you would do the same, why not a Country?