• Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Some loon knifes an old man in a tube station and this suggests to you that the appropriate response is to sign a vote of no confidence in the Prime Minister?

They've achieved their aims when it comes to you two anyway.

If it helps to save just one life. He's the figurehead for running the country and he's making a right mess of it and in terms of national security.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Some loon knifes an old man in a tube station and this suggests to you that the appropriate response is to sign a vote of no confidence in the Prime Minister?

They've achieved their aims when it comes to you two anyway.

Corbyn went to the Mosque but not to the Bataclan. He can go ****** himself.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Quite local to me. Used to work in the area and still visit friends there. Was planning on going there this evening for a pint but changed my mind (due to laziness).

These terrorist attacks are starting to get scarily personal.

Mate, they are going to get a lot worse before they start to get better.

We are in 1933-34. Expect multiple years of rising tension/low level attacks in Europe before there is a cathartic event which will result in mass death and mass migration. If I had a job in London now, unless I was being paid millions I'd be seriously looking to downsize to a less ethnic part of the UK.

I say this not in doomongers glee, but because it is SO obvious and predictable.

HOLA4418

Mate, they are going to get a lot worse before they start to get better.

We are in 1933-34. Expect multiple years of rising tension/low level attacks in Europe before there is a cathartic event which will result in mass death and mass migration. If I had a job in London now, unless I was being paid millions I'd be seriously looking to downsize to a less ethnic part of the UK.

I say this not in doomongers glee, but because it is SO obvious and predictable.

I agree with everything you say. I've said similar things in the Islamic thread.

I feel a bit torn because on one hand I think this area is turning into a shit-hole with a real potential for civil disorder, but on the other hand I feel obligated to remain close by because my parents continue to live here.

Despite my parents agreeing with my views, they refuse to move to a safer area.

HOLA4419

Leytonstone is a shit area from what I remember of it. The "This is For Syria" remark will earn him special attention. :blink: If he didn't like Government policy he could have written to his MP, and not ended up in prison. :huh:

HOLA4420

Leytonstone is a shit area from what I remember of it. The "This is For Syria" remark will earn him special attention. :blink: If he didn't like Government policy he could have written to his MP, and not ended up in prison. :huh:

I live in the area - quite close to the station.

It is hardly glamorous but is certainly much nicer than many other parts of north east London like Leyton and Walthamstow. Its also been the epicentre of the area with the highest percentage house price growth in the UK since 2012 - for what that is worth.

Of course it has a large ethnic minority population - and one of the highest concentrations of eastern europeans in the UK as well. What has irked me a little recently is that I have probably seen more women wearing burqas in the town centre in the last month or so than I have in the five years I have lived here.

As many have observed I can't say I am very positive about what London will be like in 20 years - even more overcrowded with 2-3 million more people many of whom will need benefits to survive. It will become a potential powder keg.

Weirdly I arrived home tonight and it just seemed like a normal evening - pubs all open, loud music blairing out of one of the pubs and the road leading to the station now open. Bar the tube station being shut it was hard to believe anything out of the ordinary had occurred - even though the area was being covered on CNN and Fox News as the centre of a terrorist incident. Maybe that's the Brits - nothing will stop them getting rat a****d on a Saturday night.

HOLA4421

Maybe I am confusing Leyton with Leytonstone. I am from the other side of the river. Brixton used to be rough and dangerous, but I think it's gone posh now. My mum grew up near Clapham North, which was a slum area back then. :o

HOLA4422

...What has irked me a little recently is that I have probably seen more women wearing burqas in the town centre in the last month or so than I have in the five years I have lived here...

That is something I've noticed as well. It seems somewhat provocative given what's been going on lately.

Maybe I am confusing Leyton with Leytonstone...

Leytonstone seems to have a bit of a split personality. The nearer you get to Wanstead the nicer it is. The nearer to Leyton, the worse it gets.

On the whole, I quite like Leytonstone. There are far worse areas in London to live in.

HOLA4423

Maybe I am confusing Leyton with Leytonstone. I am from the other side of the river. Brixton used to be rough and dangerous, but I think it's gone posh now. My mum grew up near Clapham North, which was a slum area back then. :o

When you come from Clapham into Brixton the transition is still very jarring but it's hard to tell if Brixton's still as bad when everything around it has moved up so much Battersea, Wandsworth and even Stockwell etc.

Things have changed a lot across the whole country as the number of places that felt genuinely threatening used to be quite numerous, the worst I've experienced probably being NI during the troubles, but there were plenty of parts of many UK towns and cities that weren't far behind in feeling violence was never far away.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

If it helps to save just one life. He's the figurehead for running the country and he's making a right mess of it and in terms of national security.

I read some ****** on this site but you shine out on every count.

This was just some wannabe Jihaddi who turned out to be as inefficient as you are uniformed.

Archived