House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest_lauralondon_*

Amazon Prime Guaranteed Delivery

So apparently I refused the delivery today. They didn't ring my bell or call my mobile. I complain to Amazon, they say "sorry about that" and tell me its now coming on Monday.

So what use is this guaranteed delivery?

I'm not sure it's worth anything. I can wait a couple of days for a book or a film. You can always choose the option of collecting your parcel from the post office or corner shop, if you know you will be out. ^_^

I complained regarding an attempted delivery that never happened (CCTV...) and got a free month added to my Prime subscription. Worth fussing over it :) Prime generally comes in useful, but their delivery drivers are morons.

It is easier for me to have things delivered to the PO - that way I do not have to wait in.

Prime is for the TV isn't it - the rapid delivery is just a nicety.

Exactly! It's only a small post office, and they know me. Handy if the neighbours aren't in!

I complained regarding an attempted delivery that never happened (CCTV...) and got a free month added to my Prime subscription. Worth fussing over it :) Prime generally comes in useful, but their delivery drivers are morons.

Dd they ask fr proof of the CCTV?

If you need the book or dvd within a short time just pop to the local store (assuming it's in stock of course).

Amazon could have set up a 4 hour delivery service 10 years ago (around bigger cities) by co-operating with the independent shops. Have a few quick response storage depots on the edge of town - when someone orders a book or dvd it gets despatched on the hourly courier to the indie store that then delivers around the corner. But they are too averse to sharing business. They seek a monopoly position

I had an odd experience recently where they dispatched an item, then when it was due to arrive I had an email saying that my return was being processed, followed the next day by an email saying that the delivery had been delayed. When it still didn't turn up a few days later and no further updates on the tracking page I called them and they were going to send out a replacement but couldn't because the item was no longer in stock.