• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

On the M&S theme Reindeer Planter, with plants, 5.99 or 5.99 at Lidl. Lacking the gold spray through -sure you can get that somewhere at a quid!

Poundworld, Led lights at er a pound and the panasonic batteries at the same place seem to be marginally better than the Kodak crapola at Poundland.

HOLA447

On the M&S theme Reindeer Planter, with plants, 5.99 or 5.99 at Lidl. Lacking the gold spray through -sure you can get that somewhere at a quid!

Poundworld, Led lights at er a pound and the panasonic batteries at the same place seem to be marginally better than the Kodak crapola at Poundland.

I don't like LED lights, they're harsh. Managed to find a set of old fashioned ones recently - nice and soft and twinkly. LED lights don't twinkle.

Apart from that I haven't bought any new decorations for years. Still use the tree-top fairy daughter made out of a doiley at nursery when she was 3 - she's 38 now - the fairy looks a bit wonky but I'd feel mean to pension her off.

HOLA448

I don't like LED lights, they're harsh. Managed to find a set of old fashioned ones recently - nice and soft and twinkly. LED lights don't twinkle.

Apart from that I haven't bought any new decorations for years. Still use the tree-top fairy daughter made out of a doiley at nursery when she was 3 - she's 38 now - the fairy looks a bit wonky but I'd feel mean to pension her off.

You would be hard pushed to get a set of "real" incandescant Xmas tree lights now, you profilgate waster! :wacko: I always remember my dad trying to find the dud one. One blown one means the whole lot go out! Sort of a tradition really! :huh:

HOLA449

I always like to see a house with a gigantic inflatable illuminated reindeer, as mentioned in the Bible! :blink:

Just around the corner from me there is an electrician who has turned his house into something out of a US Christmas TV movie. Every year he adds to it. I think ships must use his house to navigate by.

HOLA4410

You would be hard pushed to get a set of "real" incandescant Xmas tree lights now, you profilgate waster! :wacko: I always remember my dad trying to find the dud one. One blown one means the whole lot go out! Sort of a tradition really! :huh:

Christ , I remember the days trying to find the dud bulb. Nowadays you really would not even bother. Having said that at 15 quid a pop for a long string it is not exactly cheap to throw away. But times change.

HOLA4411

Just around the corner from me there is an electrician who has turned his house into something out of a US Christmas TV movie. Every year he adds to it. I think ships must use his house to navigate by.

There's one not far from here, in New Malden. The whole house is covered. It looks quite jolly when you're driving past - not sure I'd want to live next door to it, though.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

There's one not far from here, in New Malden. The whole house is covered. It looks quite jolly when you're driving past - not sure I'd want to live next door to it, though.

I was past the one near me and the next door neighbour was just leaving. He looked at me and sighed "This has nothing to do with me.".

HOLA4414

I suppose the advantage is that it heats up the locality so you can turn your heating down.

The disadvantage is you need blackout style curtains to keep the flashing out. Plus all the emi from the switching probably wrecks the wi fi.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

We have some Danish friends who use 22 real candles in the tree. Beautiful, and adds an element of jeopardy (they don't even keep a fire extinguisher to hand).

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I thought this sort of thread normally highlighted the sort of gift boxes you normally see in M&S et al, with £1.50s worth of Stilton and 200ml of port, packaged together and sold for £14.99.

You can get a set of 6 Kilner preserving jars for £20. The catch is there's sod all in 'em.

So that'll be £20 for 6 empty jars then. Mind you, they have got gingham lids...

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived