House Price Crash Forum

Forth Road Bridge Closed Until The New Year

CyberNat

HOLA441

I understood every word. I take it you don't have young children?

I don't, but quite a few of my friends do. I can pretty much recite every episode of Bob The Builder too.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

A damning indictment of the Scottish Labour party regarding a new Forth crossing:

"Scottish Labour – having first bitterly opposed a second bridge being built at all and then dragged their heels over it for two entire Parliaments while sitting on a huge pile of unspent money, thereby delaying a new crossing that would otherwise have been fully operational by the time the old one broke down – furiously blame the SNP for the closure and demand an inquiry into how this situation could possibly have arisen."

http://wingsoverscotland.com/look-on-down-from-the-bridge/

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

This is how the unionist press choose to report the good news of the bridge opening 2 weeks early:

SNP/SNP in May.

I'm not into Scottish politics, but setting superlong deadlines like that, and then completing the job much quicker is a very well known PR practice.

The Polish government deployed it when managing a couple of recently built motorways. It always makes the government look good as none of the journos are qualified enough to question the original schedule.

I'd love to see a detailed analysis of what miraculous management techniques were deployed to speed up the work so dramatically (compared with the originally planned timetable). Day by day: what work was originally planned and what work actually took place.

HOLA4414

Couple of issues highlighted by that article

1) The repairs were completed on time, as the additional time allocated was in case bad weather caused delays, which it didn't.

2) The repairs are temporary. The permanent repairs won't be done until the end Feb.

Of course, none of this would have been necessary if the area had been replaced in 2010 but the work was cancelled.

HOLA4415

Couple of issues highlighted by that article

1) The repairs were completed on time, as the additional time allocated was in case bad weather caused delays, which it didn't.

2) The repairs are temporary. The permanent repairs won't be done until the end Feb.

Of course, none of this would have been necessary if the area had been replaced in 2010 but the work was cancelled.

Thanks. Not a management miracle then? Thought so.

HOLA4416

Archived