HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

They should get a ferry up and running, subsidise it to get people using it and out of their cars, buses from all over Fife to the Fife terminal and one free single ticket included to get you a bus from Granton or wherever into Edinburgh.

There was talk of starting a temporary ferry. I say bring the hovercraft back to Kirkcaldy!

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

This has nothing to do with the new bridge being ready in case anyone is interested. Its just a random very unexpected problem that has somehow appeared from nowhere. How that happens - I do not know. I wonder how often these inspections are that found this issue ?

Must be a really serious safety and structural concern to close it completely. Its going to be huge for people moving around Scotland.

HOLA4419

This is going to be a pisser for a lot of people! Wonder how long before the SNP get the blame!

"They should have started building the new bridge before they took office!"

How incredibly embarrassing for Patrick Harvey, Scottish Green party leader.

http://www.patrickharviemsp.com/2009/03/additional-forth-bridge-a-spectacular-misjudgement/

You need to stop obsessing - and I mean that in the truest form of the word - about politics. Forget about it for a few days and do something else instead.

Lager and the dippers always does it for me. :ph34r:

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

May mate is a senior East of Scotland delivery centre manager for one of the largest delivery companies. He aint too happy just now. Its mental at the best of times of this period. Mayhem up until the 23rd or so then back to normal.

This is going to make things beyond bearable. He is turning to beer. Tomorrow - only day off till 24th. I shall be there to help him along the way. B)

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Ferry - I think I remember seeing the old ferry piers the last time I went over the bridge, so hopefully getting a temporary one running shouldn't be too hard (if there's a ferry available from somewhere).

As for the new bridge, I'd say fair play to getting it going when they did, I don't remember that much of a delay between concerns being raised about the existing bridge and work starting on a new one.

Look at that glorious, low density landscape.

Doesn't look particularly low-density to me, with a small town.

Archived