House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

The East Of The Country Is Booming...dont Miss Out....

Just bought a house in Cambride

http://news.sky.com/story/1599458/pfizer-to-shut-cambridge-site-120-jobs-may-go

Pfizer To Shut Cambridge Site: 120 Jobs May Go

The drug-maker says "difficult decisions need to be made - even in areas where we had hope for meaningful progress".

Ever get the feeling, you've been stitched up.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Guess they'll get jobs at the new AstraZenica site, unbelievably they are moving to Cambridge from Manchester. Plenty of the AZ staff are giving it a miss though.

Sorted

BTL Boom time.

Guess they'll get jobs at the new AstraZenica site, unbelievably they are moving to Cambridge from Manchester. Plenty of the AZ staff are giving it a miss though.

They've set up right next door to the MRC LMB which is the leading publicly funded scientific lab in the country. So they can steal any research staff who make breakthoughs. So they can share ideas with the research community.

Cambridge has gone insane.

In 2009 I looked at a few places and came this -><- close to buying. It came on the market again not long back at twice the price.

I'm not sure a smiley exists for the emotions that datapoint brought out in me.

But I can say I plumbed new depths in the use of Anglo Saxon as I read the ad on Rightmove.

Was looking around Doddington this morning on rightmove and spotted 4 acres with house, barn, garage for 750k. Looked it up on the flood map and it's a huge no. Just surrounded by water risk.

They've set up right next door to the MRC LMB which is the leading publicly funded scientific lab in the country. So they can steal any research staff who make breakthoughs. So they can share ideas with the research community.

Funnily enough a friend of a friend of a friend (someone I have never met) is going to move down to the new site, they are reportedly on ok money (60-70k), I think their living standards are in for a massive knock down myself, from what little I know about Cambridge living costs.

Was looking around Doddington this morning on rightmove and spotted 4 acres with house, barn, garage for 750k. Looked it up on the flood map and it's a huge no. Just surrounded by water risk.

I really think Flood Re is going to make insuring properties like that much easier. Insurers would not need to bother pricing on risk they can just blindly write and then punt it out to Flood Re and just make sure their premium is higher than the floodre fee. Easy money. The flood re portfolio is going to be scary!