House Price Crash Forum

Sub Prime Loans - The Real Reason Behind The Car Industry Sales Explosion

HOLA441

Leveraging of car sales makes the manufacturers very exposed to any downturn. Also anything that affects resale values increases the cost of the lease plan.

I wonder how much of the 20% drop on VW group sales is connected to the revaluation of the used value making their lease plans more expensive and not the breach of consumer trust. Environmental considerations are usually secondary to consumer but how much it costs per month is primary for thoose buying on credit.

Suspect it is pulled supply by VW as much as demand.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

My Dad just bought a new VW (petrol) for cash. He knew that in normal circumstances, cash buyers are not welcome, but the showrooms were dead, he visited a few around South Manc. to see where the best deal was, made his offer and waited. In the end he paid £7,300 (list £10,500) for a decent spec new car. He recalls paying about £5,500 in 1984 for a VW Polo!

But he is still daft in my eyes because there was nothing wrong with his 10 year old car and he doesn't even need it for work. Just the fear of 'something going wrong'.