House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
South Lorne

Snp Condemn Syria Air Strikes Vote

If you listened to Salmonds speech you would know that the SNP do have an alternative. They are just as much opposed to ISIS as those that voted to bomb but think that bombing is not the way to go about defeating them.

Equipping Syrians fighting ISIS with heavy weaponry, hiring IT experts to remove ISIS social media posts as soon as they make them and closing the Turkish border to end the flow of oil money to ISIS are some of the things the SNP propose.

Scotland has been dragged into another war against its will. The people are making their voices heard on the matter. This petition will be over 100,000 by tomorrow.

http://www.snp.org/dont-bomb-syria

Edited by CyberNat

Air Strikes alone will not fix the problem, just look at where we've been before. Next up, ground troops and 10 years of political spin.

Exactly.

This is a dream come true for likes of The Masked Tulip, CCC, South Lorne etc. They get to bash the SNP at the same time as w*nking themselves silly over their Top Gun fantasies. I can only assume they have some issue with retaining memories for longer than a week. They seem to have forgotten about Iraq. And Afghanistan. And Libya.

It was a disgraceful, shameful and disgusting scene last night in the house of commons. The people who voted to bomb were cheering for joy, whooping, hollering, howling and even clapping (clapping is banned only for the SNP it seems). It was almost orgasmic. All this over the future deaths of countless innocents.

All bar two representatives of Scotland voted against this. Two. In the Westminster system this is perfectly fair, but don't be shocked when more and more Scot's see this as them not having any power in the union and decide they want another referendum. The polls are beginning to reflect this, what with the YES side at 50% in the polls.

The SNP's "Don't Bomb Syria Petition" is now at 64,000 and rising extremely fast. It will be over 100,000 by lunch time I reckon.

Edited by CyberNat

Air Strikes alone will not fix the problem, just look at where we've been before. Next up, ground troops and 10 years of political spin.

In a nutshell. The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Unless chaos and destabilisation are always the real aim, of course...

I'm not after a confrontation CyberNat, and I'm as disappointed as you with the way the vote went, but the airstrikes vote is hardly a Scotland being suppressed and ignored issue. 223 MP's voted against, 54 were SNP, so it's hardly an issue affecting solely Scotland when the majority of MPs against the airstrikes weren't from Scotland, plenty of other areas of the UK had an MP on the losing side in this debate.

I agree with your whooping and clapping comment celebrating going to war; clearly many of our MPs learnt nothing from the Poppy's they were wearing under a month ago and the various remembrance services they were at.

I'm not after a confrontation CyberNat, and I'm as disappointed as you with the way the vote went, but the airstrikes vote is hardly a Scotland being suppressed and ignored issue. 223 MP's voted against, 54 were SNP, so it's hardly an issue affecting solely Scotland when the majority of MPs against the airstrikes weren't from Scotland, plenty of other areas of the UK had an MP on the losing side in this debate.

I agree with your whooping and clapping comment celebrating going to war; clearly many of our MPs learnt nothing from the Poppy's they were wearing under a month ago and the various remembrance services they were at.

I agree with you. But when every representative from a country bar two votes against war and war is what we get, it is hard not to draw the conclusion that our voice in Scotland is not listened to.

Equipping Syrians fighting ISIS with heavy weaponry, hiring IT experts to remove ISIS social media posts as soon as they make them and closing the Turkish border to end the flow of oil money to ISIS are some of the things the SNP propose.

Hard to argue with that.

Bombing alone has rarely accomplished anything good.

Exactly.

This is a dream come true for likes of The Masked Tulip, CCC, South Lorne etc. They get to bash the SNP at the same time as w*nking themselves silly over their Top Gun fantasies. I can only assume they have some issue with retaining memories for longer than a week. They seem to have forgotten about Iraq. And Afghanistan. And Libya.

It was a disgraceful, shameful and disgusting scene last night in the house of commons. The people who voted to bomb were cheering for joy, whooping, hollering, howling and even clapping (clapping is banned only for the SNP it seems). It was almost orgasmic. All this over the future deaths of countless innocents.

All bar two representatives of Scotland voted against this. Two. In the Westminster system this is perfectly fair, but don't be shocked when more and more Scot's see this as them not having any power in the union and decide they want another referendum. The polls are beginning to reflect this, what with the YES side at 50% in the polls.

The SNP's "Don't Bomb Syria Petition" is now at 64,000 and rising extremely fast. It will be over 100,000 by lunch time I reckon.

Also noticeable is the use of mainstream media smear tactics against anyone daring to condemn their own party's MPs for voting against party policy and the wishes of the overwhelming majority of members, with them being accused of 'bullying' and 'harassment' - exactly the same one sided spin that was used to condemn people campaigning for a YES vote in the Scottish Referendum when they argued with prominent NO figures.

Apparently the media have failed to notice that just about anyone in the spotlight who offers an opinion (or is even just in the spotlight generally) attracts any amount of negative comments ranging from mild disapproval/sarcasm up to death threats. Nope, it's only when pro-establishment people face critcism that the 'bullying' strawman comes out.

Exactly.

I'm with you on this one. Quite frankly we just need to stay out of these bloody wars. And by fighting IS we're effectively siding with groups like Hezbollah (so that technically makes Cameron a terrorist sympathiser). Dennis Skinner put it the best - "What a crazy war. Enemies to the right of us, enemies to the left of us - keep out".

Now that's a lie. The result was met in silence. There was cheering and clapping, but that was during the debates.