House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bruce Banner

David Cameron Accuses Jeremy Corbyn Of Being 'terrorist Sympathiser'

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/dec/01/cameron-accuses-corbyn-of-being-terrorist-sympathiser

Now where have I heard this before? Oh yes, I remember.

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Hermann_G%C3%B6ring

• Göring: Why, of course, the people don't want war. Why would some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best that he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship.

• Gilbert: There is one difference. In a democracy, the people have some say in the matter through their elected representatives, and in the United States only Congress can declare wars.

• Göring: Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

I would love to read Corbyn's and Abbot's intelligence files - especially about their biking holiday to East German during the Cold War when very few Western people went behind the Iron Curtain.

If Mr Cameron wants war, we can get him a uniform, and he can go there himself.

I would love to read Corbyn's and Abbot's intelligence files - especially about their biking holiday to East German during the Cold War when very few Western people went behind the Iron Curtain.

Yes, a few timely leaks if he does get anywhere near power would be enough.

Yes, a few timely leaks if he does get anywhere near power would be enough.

Lots of people had holidays behind the Iron Curtain. A mate of mine went to Poland. There wasn't much to buy there except pickled beetroots, and Vodka. I don't think he ever became a Communist spy! The Tories really are scraping the barrel here. Just because Corbyn does not want to start a war half way round the World! Will achieve nothing, and although he might be very eccentric, I agree, Hands off on this. It will only make matters worse! :wacko:

Corbyn will not have had the security brief as yet..... Privy Council stuff.

He needs to bend the knee and kiss the queens hand first..

Leader of the opposition is entitled to see the same intelligence briefs as the PM but they have to observe protocol..

Leader of the opposition is entitled to see the same intelligence briefs as the PM but they have to observe protocol..

Well this place is a house of wisdom. I didn't now that. The very best Communist spies went to Eton, and Cambridge. :wacko:

I hope I don't have an Intelligence file, I spent ages in Eastern Europe during the cold war. A regular Harry Palmer I was.

Lots of people had holidays behind the Iron Curtain. A mate of mine went to Poland. There wasn't much to buy there except pickled beetroots, and Vodka. I don't think he ever became a Communist spy! The Tories really are scraping the barrel here. Just because Corbyn does not want to start a war half way round the World! Will achieve nothing, and although he might be very eccentric, I agree, Hands off on this. It will only make matters worse! :wacko:

Your mate wasn't an MP with communist sympathies.

I thought this vote was purely about extending the existing bombing raids in Iraq into Syria, which sounds like a technicality to me. Not about committing ourselves to a D-Day style invasion into the shores of the Levant.

I hope I don't have an Intelligence file, I spent ages in Eastern Europe during the cold war. A regular Harry Palmer I was.

You probably do, but it will be of interest to nobody. Of course we traded with them.

I thought this vote was purely about extending the existing bombing raids in Iraq into Syria, which sounds like a technicality to me. Not about committing ourselves to a D-Day style invasion into the shores of the Levant.

My reason for posting had nothing to do with with the rights and wrongs of our involvement in the current conflict, it was an observation of how governments seek to control populations.

Your mate wasn't an MP with communist sympathies.

He thought he was a "Communist", but he was nothing of the sort. His dad was a Liberal councillor. I went to his house many times as a kid. Later on we went to the pub together. To be called a "terrorist sympathiser" is the modern day equivalent of Witchcraft (the accusation is enough, like paedophile), and I will give Mr Corbyn the benefit of the doubt, until he f8cks up! I've been to some shit places in the Middle East, and it doesn't make me "radicalised".

My reason for posting had nothing to do with with the rights and wrongs of our involvement in the current conflict, it was an observation of how governments seek to control populations.

They do, and if you are not careful, you might start ot believe them. :blink:

I meant the files that the intelligence services have on him and on Abbot.

David's being a toss*r.

Put forward a proper case for going there and maybe people will just vote for it without needing to smear your opponents for having perfectly understandable misgivings/concerns.

Why get involved in something that others are already taking care of when:

1 ) They seem to be doing a perfectly good job

2 ) They have permission from the local government

3 ) We run the risk of being shot down by our "allies" who we will refuse to cooperate with

4 ) We have no troops on the ground and only a handful of rusty old bombers anyway

I believe he kissed her ring, but did not get on his knees.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/nov/11/jeremy-corbyn-did-not-kneel-for-the-queen

I'll speculate that Corbyn is not going to budge on the Syria issue because he been advised to do so and of the consequence. He's an idealist. Look at Sweden falling into civil war,running battles on the street,nothing being reported. Yet the politicians are still saying it's because we're not doing enough to accommodate Muslims. It's our foreign policy,it's because we retaliate and profile. Corbyn is not of sound mind and I'll wager Dave isn't holding a junk hand and bluffing.

"If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear"

until a Tory PM decides you are a "terrorist sympathiser" for refusing to bomb people in Syria.

Shows how quickly a govt can turn against millions of its own citizens in a single moment.

Also shows that Eton & Oxford education doesnt lead to intelligent discourse.

I'll speculate that Corbyn is not going to budge on the Syria issue because he been advised to do so and of the consequence. He's an idealist. Look at Sweden falling into civil war,running battles on the street,nothing being reported. Yet the politicians are still saying it's because we're not doing enough to accommodate Muslims. It's our foreign policy,it's because we retaliate and profile. Corbyn is not of sound mind and I'll wager Dave isn't holding a junk hand and bluffing.

Indeed. He's an away with the fairies idealist who should not be allowed to run a town council let alone a country. Not that either will happen.

Indeed. He's an away with the fairies idealist who should not be allowed to run a town council let alone a country. Not that either will happen.

That's as may be, but if I were an MP intending to vote for the air strikes, I would now be voting against as a matter of principle.

Quite right, too.

Cameron was far too blatant for it to work. He's not as good at it as Blair was.