HOLA441
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

"Posted on Bike radar - populated by generally intelligent 40+ Mamils: http://www.bikeradar...0088&t=13040730"

Well spotted Bull. Please can someone nip over there and lend a hand?! :-). The force is strong with those mountain bikers, who I always thought were independently minded and rational. And I speak AS a mountain biker of 29 years :-).

HOLA445

"Posted on Bike radar - populated by generally intelligent 40+ Mamils: http://www.bikeradar...0088&t=13040730"

Well spotted Bull. Please can someone nip over there and lend a hand?! :-). The force is strong with those mountain bikers, who I always thought were independently minded and rational. And I speak AS a mountain biker of 29 years :-).

You realise they are roadies don't you :D !

HOLA446
HOLA447

Surely this is another one of those pieces screaming "bubble" peak? Can you even push finances any further than this without losing credibility?

It doesn't surprise me an EA is behind this, an EA who probably wasn't in the game in the last downturn so already has a massive positive confirmation bias. Could he be more exposed to a shock in the housing sector? Works in it and owes about 8 times his own income in it. Doesn't exactly have a skill to fall back on if a lay off comes either.

Why do most people not appreciate you don't own anything until you've paid for it? Am I expected to be impressed because this couple is worth about £18k and owes £230k? Car on finance too by chance?

HOLA448

Luke Wood left a comment on the Newsbeat Facebook page. He says it's much harder to get the money together if you are single.

"I take home around £1600 a month for working a 60 hour week, every week. Renting a one bed flat where I live sets you back in excess of £1000 a month.

"Then I have my car to pay for, insurance, tax, phone, food, lunch while at work, clothing amongst other things. I'm left with less than £300 a month spare money.

"I don't have the option of moving back home as there's no room. What's someone in my position meant to do?"

Poor sod, a grand a month rent while many pro single parents are going to continue getting free rent and creaming in the tax credits for the next two decades. I'd also be livid.

HOLA449

Poor sod, a grand a month rent while many pro single parents are going to continue getting free rent and creaming in the tax credits for the next two decades. I'd also be livid.

Being single and having a decent job or well paid job is about the worst financial decision you can make. You won't see a penny of it but your landlord and neighbour on TCs will.

HOLA4410

Turnbull 2000 has turned up on that thread spouting rubbish. I expect Hamish to turn up soon as I think he posts there too.

HOLA4411

It doesn't surprise me an EA is behind this, an EA who probably wasn't in the game in the last downturn so already has a massive positive confirmation bias. Could he be more exposed to a shock in the housing sector? Works in it and owes about 8 times his own income in it. Doesn't exactly have a skill to fall back on if a lay off comes either.

I think he was too busy growing pubes!

Council Tax on a 4-bedder looks around £1500/year as well. Not huge, but still.... every little helps hinders mortgage repayments.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Lodgers?!

"We both grew up in detached homes. It's hard to explain without sounding like a huge snob. We were just used to having our own space."

It's four bedrooms, they can have a room each and 2 lodgers.

They are still kids in their heads .. They have a huge house with lots of rooms in and they want to have posts on their walls and their an space. It's all their space.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

It's four bedrooms, they can have a room each and 2 lodgers.

They are still kids in their heads .. They have a huge house with lots of rooms in and they want to have posts on their walls and their an space. It's all their space.

They'd have to be forced into it at gunpoint. It's all about the status . Who needs a 4 bedroom house at their age?

Look how pleased they are with themselves!

_86658482_ellieandrory.jpg

HOLA4417

Ellie King and Rory Schuerer-Lewis grew up in detached houses. Well I will leave my assumptions out.

E

As other posters mention just seems like a PR piece. Whether it is the chap selling a house to himself (as suggested upthread not sure). I have heard of dodgy Ea's creaming off the best at discount prices but never newbuilds.

Edited by Ash4781

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425