House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Beans

Young Finns Are Offered Cheap Flats In Old People's Homes..in Lieu Of "support"

So they built more care homes than they actually need. It seems to be a good way for the elderly to help the young (mutual help actually) so it's the basis of a good idea.

In the UK the builders are probably rationing their care home output to create a shortage - but that's the UK economy and not the Finns' economy.

Interestingly Finland has a similar GDP per Capita to the UK.

Edited by billybong

So they built more care homes than they actually need. It seems to be a good way for the elderly to help the young (mutual help actually) so it's the basis of a good idea.

In the UK the builders are probably rationing their care home output to create a shortage - but that's the UK economy and not the Finns' economy.

Interestingly Finland has a similar GDP per Capita to the UK.

Sounds great until one of the old biddies is abused by one of the 'lodgers', or what about when old grandpa smith gives his house away at the end in exchange for sexual favours from a lodger?

Then what?

Don't get me wrong. It will be great being looked after by a load of young prostitutes when i'm older, but my kids are going to be a bit pi$$ed off with their inheritance. :lol:

Not a new idea, happened in the UK for years, there are tons of live in posts available, with pay and free accommodation, mainly involving some sort of care-giving, but I know the National Trust offer free accommodation as well in some posts. Maybe the twist here is slightly different with the students and the elderly, but if you want free accommodation, or very cheap it is easily findable.

Sounds great until one of the old biddies is abused by one of the 'lodgers', or what about when old grandpa smith gives his house away at the end in exchange for sexual favours from a lodger?

Then what?

Don't get me wrong. It will be great being looked after by a load of young prostitutes when i'm older, but my kids are going to be a bit pi$$ed off with their inheritance. :lol:

Abuse by care home lodgers is the sort of thing I meant when I said it was only the basis of a good idea. ;)