House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hectors House

Corbyn Propaganda On The Roll

I see supporters of that tired old man Corbyn are calling themselves "Peoples Momentum" on twitter, are people really that deluded? Fully appreciate that people are fed up but surely the silent majority can mobilise behind someone better than a terrorist loving crackpot and his cronies?

Ken Livingstone is the latest torpedo below the waterline......

Talked up the 7/7 attackers on London on QT last night like they were some sort of freedom fighters and were justified....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3335820/Outrage-Red-Ken-says-7-7-bombers-died-beliefs.html

Labour is doomed......

I see supporters of that tired old man Corbyn are calling themselves "Peoples Momentum" on twitter, are people really that deluded? Fully appreciate that people are fed up but surely the silent majority can mobilise behind someone better than a terrorist loving crackpot and his cronies?

What would be a good idea is that everybody in the country got to vote and the people who got the most votes get to lead the country in the way they see fit.

What would be a good idea is that everybody in the country got to vote and the people who got the most votes get to lead the country in the way they see fit.

"The problem is that most people do not understand all the issues, either through a lack of desire, or a lack of education, so the role of the political class - who have both the time and the will to study these issues - is to gently push them in the right direction".

The above is pretty much exactly what a LibDem local councillor once told me, while wearing their "serious face showing their dedication to the common good".

Hence the current omnishambles within the Labour party, where the list of candidate MPs has been carefully managed for years - for the common good, of course - leading to lots of MPs not actually representing the political views of the Labour party members.

Hopefully the current situation will end up with LOTS of Labour MPs resigning and being replaced by representatives more in line with the electorate's wishes. Somehow I suspect that that won't happen, and instead the Blairites will stage a coup.

"The problem is that most people do not understand all the issues, either through a lack of desire, or a lack of education, so the role of the political class - who have both the time and the will to study these issues - is to gently push them in the right direction".

The above is pretty much exactly what a LibDem local councillor once told me, while wearing their "serious face showing their dedication to the common good".

Hence the current omnishambles within the Labour party, where the list of candidate MPs has been carefully managed for years - for the common good, of course - leading to lots of MPs not actually representing the political views of the Labour party members.

Hopefully the current situation will end up with LOTS of Labour MPs resigning and being replaced by representatives more in line with the electorate's wishes. Somehow I suspect that that won't happen, and instead the Blairites will stage a coup.

After the Miliband debacle, they won't risk it again. Corbyn will be ditched - it's just a question of when.

I have no problem with air attacks (or, for that matter, ground attacks) as long as they are effective. We should wipe out ISIS and AQ if we can.

What I fear is that we well launch a half-baked effort and try to 'win hearts and minds', which would be a total waste of time where these fundamentalists are concerned.

That Diane Abbot was on the radio this morning pointing out - sounded like a thinly veiled threat to me - that MPs who oppose Corbyn will be out of tune with the Labour Party.

She is on the front bench, she should not even be in Parliament. I must admit to finding Labours woes quite amusing.

Ditch Corbyn and return to Blarite "politics". No thanks, as much as I dislike, well, most of Corbyn's policies he seems like the only chance of escaping that. It's a bit sad to see people who probably complained about the identical soundbite and whatever wins votes politics complaining about the type of person you get when you try to move away from that. That bit of the Labour Party standing against him appear to be doing so more for that reason than any meaningful disagreement about policy.

The time to get rid of Corbyn is after he's got rid of the Blairites.

She is on the front bench, she should not even be in Parliament. I must admit to finding Labours woes quite amusing.

Diane Abbott = Barking (and I don't mean the London Borough!)

Ken Livingstone is the latest torpedo below the waterline......

Talked up the 7/7 attackers on London on QT last night like they were some sort of freedom fighters and were justified....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3335820/Outrage-Red-Ken-says-7-7-bombers-died-beliefs.html

Labour is doomed......

Just another dim witted terrorist loving apologiser

Whilst he may be a bit nuts - I realy quite like there being a REAL opposition in the House of Commons for once. When was the last one ?

What would people prefer. Another Blair indetikit?

Dan Jarvis is the man to keep your eye on..

Intelligent and he is keeping himself in the background away from all this mess.

Just like Cameron came practically from no where he will eventually emerge and could surprise us all....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Jarvis

Ditch Corbyn and return to Blarite "politics". No thanks, as much as I dislike, well, most of Corbyn's policies he seems like the only chance of escaping that. It's a bit sad to see people who probably complained about the identical soundbite and whatever wins votes politics complaining about the type of person you get when you try to move away from that. That bit of the Labour Party standing against him appear to be doing so more for that reason than any meaningful disagreement about policy.

The time to get rid of Corbyn is after he's got rid of the Blairites.

Good analysis.

What the "bombs away" crowd don't realise is that there are thoughtful Tories who doubt joining in the bombing game to show solidarity with France is going to help matters. Probably the reverse. And that is why Dave needs Labour votes. Because some Tories and most SNP mps do not support this.

Good analysis.

What the "bombs away" crowd don't realise is that there are thoughtful Tories who doubt joining in the bombing game to show solidarity with France is going to help matters. Probably the reverse. And that is why Dave needs Labour votes. Because some Tories and most SNP mps do not support this.

My opinion is that the object of the exercise is actually to stop the Russians from succeeding.

Cameron reckons there are 70,000 moderate terrorists - like the ones that machine gunned that Russian pilot after he bailed out?

Thats the sort of moderation I think we could do without supporting.

I don't like Corbyn but he's right on this issue and I hope he succeeds.

There's not much choice to start with but at least Corbyn is a refreshing change from all the relentless and awful PC speak - for that alone one should be grateful.

It's been the right thing to do and at least it's diversity.

That's not to say his policies are any good either but the UK is starting from an unenviable position now. If you were trying to give directions you would rather not be starting from here. The other lots are no good either.

Ultimately it makes little difference who is elected.

My opinion is that the object of the exercise is actually to stop the Russians from succeeding.

Cameron reckons there are 70,000 moderate terrorists - like the ones that machine gunned that Russian pilot after he bailed out?

Thats the sort of moderation I think we could do without supporting.

I don't like Corbyn but he's right on this issue and I hope he succeeds.

I found Cameron's speech yesterday interesting.

He talked of a political solution, with a non-sectarian government tolerant of all religions.

Sounds a lot more like Assad before we (the West) destabilised him than like the Western-devised Vichy-government in Iraq whose sectarian behaviour bred the resentment out of which a monster grew.

It would be nice to have old old labour. As in pre-1970s labour. Corbyn is from that peculiar 70s/80s era which gave us the likes of Bernie Grant and Diane Abbott, when labour was neither a tory front (bliarite party) or a somewhat nationalistic working class party (pre 70s) No thanks.

Whilst he may be a bit nuts - I realy quite like there being a REAL opposition in the House of Commons for once. When was the last one ?

Problem is the opposition is Corbyn v PLP; Cameron could privatise the air at the moment and Labour would'nt know what to do about it.

After the Miliband debacle, they won't risk it again. Corbyn will be ditched - it's just a question of when.

Problem is how and what to do afterwards.

The PLP can probably give him the push but you've still got the same electoral system so what's to prevent another barking mad candidate making his way onto the ballot and doing a Corbyn.

I suppose the PLP could agree to nominate only the one candidate, but that could be difficult to organise and enforce, especially with boundary reform meaning a large number of seats are up for re-election.

One of Corbyn's supporter on the radio this morning said with an air of certainly that the air strikes had made little difference. I wonder who's putting that idea into these little heads ? He then went onto to quite patronising inform us that the leaders of Islamic State aren't even in Raqqa,we'd only hit the grunts coming over from Europe. Good I say,if they get killed,and they are,then they can't come back. Corbyn lives in another world.

Jeremy Corbyn told to resign by Labour MPs as Syria vote engulfs his 'unsustainable' leadership

The Torygraph.

Corbyn has principle, he's a pacifist and he's sticking by his beliefs. On one level this is admirable and is something we don't have in politicians. However I have no idea why anyone would think the Mao stunt was clever politics, this man murdered more people than Hitler and ultimately is a war criminal how avoided the consequences of his actions. The left have some really bizarre ideas about who they want to admire and quote. They wouldn't dream of quoting Mein Kempf from the 3rd ranked mass killer in history, but Mao the number one mass killer is fine.

What is interesting in the arguments about Syria is no one is wanting to talk about how this mess was created and the Iraq War whilst important is not the cause. There's a huge historical problem and the modern juncture in terms of recent history is the arbitrary partitioning up of Syria and Iraq by Britain and France where literally a line was drawn in the sand.