House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

moonriver

Black Friday Or Buy Nothing Friday?

Anyone else hate yet another American import they have been trying to push over here, in order to enourage people to waste their money on tat they don't need?

Place your votes HPC'ers.

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-11-26/thousands-sign-up-for-anti-black-friday-event-calling-for-people-to-buy-nothing-instead/

Now I wonder, how many of you will vote for "Nothing?". :lol:

I am going to get my bread and milk now, so I can keep well and truly to that "Nothing" vote tomorrow.

I thought Friday 2 weeks ago was black friday, at least in Paris it was. :huh:

So what's this black friday about, is it another planned false flag? :o

I thought Friday 2 weeks ago was black friday, at least in Paris it was. :huh:

So what's this black friday about, is it another planned false flag? :o

And last friday there was an attack on the Raddison Blu In Mali

This year I've seen more black Friday marketing from online only stores than I have the physical ones, suppose if you wish to partake there's less chance of being piledriven by nanjkang 50" tv box when sat at home clicking.

Was it Asda that originally brought the mad idea over to the UK from USA? Glad they've seen sense.

Apparently the shops had a good Friday/Weekend last year but then sales fell dramatically between then and right up till Christmas. Sales didn't pick up again till the January sales. That's what someone said on Fivelive this week.

This year I've seen more black Friday marketing from online only stores than I have the physical ones, suppose if you wish to partake there's less chance of being piledriven by nanjkang 50" tv box when sat at home clicking.

Was it Asda that originally brought the mad idea over to the UK from USA? Glad they've seen sense.

Yes, seems to be more online this year. Less chance of seeing some tracksuited chav spreadeagled over a large Blaupunkt telly in a supermarket.

Yes, seems to be more online this year. Less chance of seeing some tracksuited chav spreadeagled over a large Blaupunkt telly in a supermarket.

I am sure that the media will not disappoint you.

I have been bombarded by e mails promising never repeatable deals, I hope not, I have seen nothing that even remotely tempts me to part with my hard earned.

I have been bombarded by e mails promising never repeatable deals, I hope not, I have seen nothing that even remotely tempts me to part with my hard earned.

There was an xbox one for under £250 on amazon germany a few nights ago - came on about midnight but it had sold out before the morning. As I am interested in one for about 200 I was almost tempted.

There was an xbox one for under £250 on amazon germany a few nights ago - came on about midnight but it had sold out before the morning. As I am interested in one for about 200 I was almost tempted.

They'll likely be cheaper than that, and come with plenty of games when the xbox two comes out.

I might take a sauter down to the reduced section at Tesco tomorrow night - but if I spend more than a fiver on a bag of reduced food it'll be a dear night.

I should add I did indulge last year.

I bought a Jamie Oliver potato masher from Amazon, and it has done Stirling service these last twelve months.

Must say that TMT's highlighting of a Cromecast for 18 quid last year did get me to splash out- it has been a great buy(so far...) and I use it a lot. I'm not planning on any purchases this year either, but maybe again there's something out there I don't even know I could use.

Haven't see it as cheap since. There is a new version out recently. Chromecast 2.

I was going to buy a couple of things that we actually need - example, hairdryer for the wife as the last one blew up - but our ccards have just been cancelled so we'll have to wait...

Giffgaff has 'deals' on phones but most look to be out of stock or on not do good models so usual rubbish eg. Get you in the store type affair.

Seen a few stores putting last years Christmas stock out ( i remember viewing items) presumably to discount and shift in Black Friday.

I've been wanting a deep fat fryer for a year or so now - could be tempted if anyone knows any good deals? (Or can recommend the best model - proper fat one, not the weird healthy imposter)

I've been wanting a deep fat fryer for a year or so now - could be tempted if anyone knows any good deals? (Or can recommend the best model - proper fat one, not the weird healthy imposter)

Seems everyone wants the weird healthy ones -

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/philips-air-fryer-hd9220-black-white-49-tesco-direct-free-c-c-clubcard-boost-2333767