House Price Crash Forum

"stop A Douchebag" Russian Youth Movement Attempts To Enforce Traffic Regs

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

When I learned Russian at school, Mrs Ananina thought I had a good Moscow accent. :(

I used to listen to Moscow on the short wave radio, and they sent me some books, which mysteriously were opened in the post, but this is going back a bit! :blink:

HOLA445

Traffic management

They need to widen the road OR introduce a congestion charge. I hear you could be stuck in traffic in Moscow and not move for hours, and that would be a daily occurence.

Unfortunately, a few of those were new 4x4s, Lexus and Mercs that were on the pavement. They want a congestion charge there, like in London - and they would pay it, no problems.

Park and Ride might also help.

We're (and that's everyone) not giving up the car anytime soon.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Same in parts of the UK. Fortunately we've invested in "managed motorways" and speed cameras instead..

"Build more depressing, ugly crap" really isn't much of a solution though for anyone who actually wants a pleasanter world to live in, instead of trying at best to manage the decline as cheaply as possible.

HOLA449

"Build more depressing, ugly crap" really isn't much of a solution though for anyone who actually wants a pleasanter world to live in, instead of trying at best to manage the decline as cheaply as possible.

Couldn't agree more. But I think you also probably have to be realistic. The UK might be nicer with half the population, bigger houses and more gardens, more greenery and generally just less human impact.. but since we have what we have and it is growing we can't just put our heads in the sand and not build proper infrastructure (unless we are expecting a sudden population crash.. but let's hope not!).

HOLA4410

Couldn't agree more. But I think you also probably have to be realistic. The UK might be nicer with half the population, bigger houses and more gardens, more greenery and generally just less human impact.. but since we have what we have and it is growing we can't just put our heads in the sand and not build proper infrastructure (unless we are expecting a sudden population crash.. but let's hope not!).

Charlie Sheen coming over here for a shagfest is Riedquats final hope for a population collapse. It could happen.

HOLA4411

We could make a better job of what we do build, but oh no, that's totally unncessary expense. We could stop having such ridiculous over the top standards in certain other areas (a new road that doesn't need to be more than a B road gets built to almost motorway-level engineering). And in any case I see no reason whatsoever to accept doing crap rather than face the real issue. Anyway the problems caused by not building the sh1te are less offensive than the solution, which is only temporary anyway.

Your "be realistic" is my "accept the unacceptable." Not being the slightest bit interested in tackling this, the biggest issue the UK has, is the clearest evidence that the government (of whatever colour) is utterly unfit for business.

HOLA4412

These guys are my heroes! Very entertaining. I think it's funny that some of the drivers are making comments like 'get a job' because these guys probably make more money from advertising on their Youtube videos than from a job, it can be quite profitable if you get a lot of views. Especially in Russia where the salaries are so low. They are doing a public service and free entertainment at the same time, very original.

HOLA4413
  • 6 months later...
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

The UK might be nicer with half the population, bigger houses and more gardens, more greenery and generally just less human impact.. but since we have what we have and it is growing we can't just put our heads in the sand and not build proper infrastructure (unless we are expecting a sudden population crash.. but let's hope not!).

1. As I understand it, the UK population would be shrinking without immigration.

2. Any 'infrastructure' you build now is likely to be irrelevant in 20-30 years. VR is going to put an end to transporting humans around the world, and 3D printers are going to put an end to shipping stuff around. It would be like building enormous, city-centre stables in 1900 to cope with the ever-increasing number of horses that will otherwise make life impossible by 1950. Though at least you could reuse those as something useful, whereas roads, railways and airports will just rot.

HOLA4417

1. As I understand it, the UK population would be shrinking without immigration.

2. Any 'infrastructure' you build now is likely to be irrelevant in 20-30 years. VR is going to put an end to transporting humans around the world, and 3D printers are going to put an end to shipping stuff around. It would be like building enormous, city-centre stables in 1900 to cope with the ever-increasing number of horses that will otherwise make life impossible by 1950. Though at least you could reuse those as something useful, whereas roads, railways and airports will just rot.

Only if you enjoy watching a machine take 3 hours to make a new button for your fly out of really nasty plastic.

It reminds of Tomorrow`s World telling us that the rise of the computer would mean the coming of the paperless office.

Oh how we laughed

Archived