House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Radicalisation - Spot Them Young

This is all over the local radio this morning with even nursery nurses getting training to "spot the signs".

But being the BBC (and if there was a local alternative that wasn't spending all its time playing the latest half dozen pop hits I'd be listening to it) whilst they start the list with Islam they immediately go on to discuss and give more air time to "other" forms of Radicalisation.

Because we must have balance, even when it's a total nonsense.

Edit: the official line is: "radicalisation by ALL types of extremist groups"

And they go on to discuss what this ALL means: animal rights groups and right wing extremists apparently, with the odd token nod to the "religion of peace" which is 99.999% of the problem and 100% why this is happening in the first place.

Well, in the 1930s a load of people went of the fight Fascism in the Spanish Civil War. Fascism won though.

Young people sometimes have a "one line answer" for all the World's problems.

Any kid that comes into school with "dangerous" ideas, probably got them from their parents.

I can remember some rotten racism, from when I was a kid.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3328723/Muslim-scholar-posted-YouTube-speech-condemning-Paris-atrocities-reveals-received-death-threats-British-born-children-support-ISIS-supporters.html

Muslim scholar who posted YouTube speech condemning Paris atrocities reveals he has received death threats from British-born children who support ISIS
  • Mufassil Islam, 49, has lived in Britain on and off for more than 22 years
  • Published a three-minute verbal attack on violent extremists after Paris
  • 'I am getting death threats from British kids,' Mr Islam told MailOnline
  • He promised her would keep speaking out despite threats on his life

They seem easy to spot make a video and they'll post death threats in response.

Well, in the 1930s a load of people went of the fight Fascism in the Spanish Civil War. Fascism won though.

Young people sometimes have a "one line answer" for all the World's problems.

Any kid that comes into school with "dangerous" ideas, probably got them from their parents.

I can remember some rotten racism, from when I was a kid.

Are you sure that you don't work for the BBC Mr Pin?

That's exactly the sort of thing that they are doing. Instead of facing a real huge and lethal problem that exists now they start creatively casting about in order to justify their "it's not just muslims, it's everybody".

Maybe for once they could try dallying with reality: it is just muslims.

Are you sure that you don't work for the BBC Mr Pin?

That's exactly the sort of thing that they are doing. Instead of facing a real huge and lethal problem that exists now they start creatively casting about in order to justify their "it's not just muslims, it's everybody".

Maybe for once they could try dallying with reality: it is just muslims.

It is now "Mr 4 warning points". Previous to that is was the IRA, or Communist Anarchists. I would be quite happy if religious tribalism did not exist, but it does. :huh:

It is now "Mr 4 warning points". Previous to that is was the IRA, or Communist Anarchists. I would be quite happy if religious tribalism did not exist, but it does. :huh:

But we are talking about now. There is for the first time ever specific funding to provide training to teachers and nursery staff to "spot the signs".

This has not been thought necessary before

So when there is an urgent and pressing problem that has necessitated this action then why on earth is it being diluted and weakened by pretending that it is not about muslims?

But we are talking about now. There is for the first time ever specific funding to provide training to teachers and nursery staff to "spot the signs".

So when there is an urgent and pressing problem that has necessitated this action then why on earth is it being diluted and weakened by pretending that it is not about muslims?

People don't like to speak their mind. It might offend "someone". No need for "special action". Just use your head. More nutters will be found by "ordinary people", than GCHQs web searching! Teachers do not need "special training", er maybe they do, as some find lace-up shoes difficult! :wacko:

As for the guns - whats strange about that ? Wee boys (I presume its a boy) like guns and all that stuff.

AFOAF ?

Is that the new name for IS/ISIS/ISIL ?

A friend of a friend.

It's a lady's daughter from one of the clubs I go to. I thought I'd spare you the details.

This is all over the local radio this morning with even nursery nurses getting training to "spot the signs".

But being the BBC (and if there was a local alternative that wasn't spending all its time playing the latest half dozen pop hits I'd be listening to it) whilst they start the list with Islam they immediately go on to discuss and give more air time to "other" forms of Radicalisation.

Because we must have balance, even when it's a total nonsense.

Edit: the official line is: "radicalisation by ALL types of extremist groups"

And they go on to discuss what this ALL means: animal rights groups and right wing extremists apparently, with the odd token nod to the "religion of peace" which is 99.999% of the problem and 100% why this is happening in the first place.

had this two weeks ago at my hospital....you have described the balance perfectly...its not just religion...then we sat through an excerpt of a film about a 12 year old boy radicalised into some fictional right wing white group.

Oh, and social circumstances are not a factor apparently.

AFOAF has had a child in class draw pictures of guns and other nasty stuff. Has it been reported? We don't know.

Should it be?

yep, that was a definite sign for further investigation...my whole class was drawing jets and guns and swings and slides when I was a kid.

Bejazzle is FGM too.

yep, that was a definite sign for further investigation...my whole class was drawing jets and guns and swings and slides when I was a kid.

Bejazzle is FGM too.

Did you draw pictures of your dad and brothers with guns on their holidays in Pakistan?

Anti Terrorism Act 2015...everyone in local service has a duty.

Did you draw pictures of your dad and brothers with guns on their holidays in Pakistan?

yes, they were brown and wore towels on their heads...like mummy did after her shower...

Did you draw a nice house with roses round the door too?

not really, I thought AKs looked much nicer, all the grey and brown resting against the back door, and I was good at straight lines.

I was the first kid to draw white clouds though, rather then blue....

I'd watch out for signs like wanting a smartphone at 4 years old, being afraid to go outside and so on.

Oh, we're not talking about things that are really dragging society into the gutter, just a bunch of gun-obsessed nutters who, vile as they are, probably won't have any direct impact whatsoever on most peoples' lives.

My son (at the age of 5) turned in a picture of me with a chainsaw in one hand and a gun in the other when asked "what are you doing with daddy at the weekend". Fairly accurate.

My son (at the age of 5) turned in a picture of me with a chainsaw in one hand and a gun in the other when asked "what are you doing with daddy at the weekend". Fairly accurate.

Sounds like a "male bonding" thing! You can let them have "dangerous toys" if supervised! And some of the girls want to have a go too! :unsure:

They aren't allowed chainsaws - however close you are to them, there's nothing you can do if it starts to go wrong. Guns - sure, loads of clay pigeon shooting and target practice. Give them one round at a time and stand them between two posts so they can't swing the barrel in the wrong direction.

They aren't allowed chainsaws - however close you are to them, there's nothing you can do if it starts to go wrong. Guns - sure, loads of clay pigeon shooting and target practice. Give them one round at a time and stand them between two posts so they can't swing the barrel in the wrong direction.

People do stupid things with garden tools and DIY! Generally people are much more sensible with guns. I'm sure that's not PC to say, but there you go! :wacko: