House Price Crash Forum

War

TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

War got us out of the last depression....

it certainly did. I think ultimately they will see this as the solution. Hitler had the final solution, we might have the ongoing solution!!!!

worrying times.

but we're not even in a recession :lol:

from where I am sitting the world has gone mad.

HOLA445

Kindly report to your reeducation camp deradicalisation programme. This is not war, it's bombing to bring peace. Our armaments exporters need another trade show, so they'll jolly well get one[1].

[1] Do you think that could be why we demonise Russia quite so much? Memories of a time when we didn't have to create all these new wars, because the Cold War kept the industry fed?

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Kindly report to your reeducation camp deradicalisation programme. This is not war, it's bombing to bring peace. Our armaments exporters need another trade show, so they'll jolly well get one[1].

[1] Do you think that could be why we demonise Russia quite so much? Memories of a time when we didn't have to create all these new wars, because the Cold War kept the industry fed?

you can't have a war unless you have an enemy.

it's well documented that in times of difficulty governments use the fear of foreign countries to suppress the population and do what they want. if the banks are still insolvent then I guess the government will try and do what they can to keep order and keep their society going.

so in that respect the current noise coming out of the msm worries me greatly.

sure, maybe they are doing it for what they think are the right reasons but given the history of people unlimited money and power maybe they're not :lol:

war, though, feels like it's getting closer all the time.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Sadly I also feel any war will tumble in to a nuclear confrontation, we can kiss our current society goodbye, house prices will be the last thing we worry about...

I can't see a nuclear conflict, unless some loon let's of a device in one of the world's major city.

big cities are best avoided for now.

can't let the terrorists win, blah blah patriotic nonsense blah blah blah.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Sadly I also feel any war will tumble in to a nuclear confrontation, we can kiss our current society goodbye, house prices will be the last thing we worry about...

...and all those 'end of the world 'gold bugs trying to flog their gold sovereigns will be wishing they bought tins of beans and loo paper instead!

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

you try telling that to my mate on 18k a year who can't afford to live.

Depression (n) - a condition of reduced trade activity and prosperity. Alt. Low or no economic growth for a prolonged period.

We are of course in Depression. Debt is not wealth or prosperity.

Archived