House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

johna999

King Kong

Watched it yesterday. Brilliant film. Brilliantly acted (even King Kong) and the action sequences wonderfully inventive. Well worth going to see.

But its very good popcorn. King Kong is astonishing looking. Really emotive. There is a part where he's fightening a gang of street-punk style T-Rex's. Jawdropping.

And to be honest - you don't really noticed the long running time

Anyone else seen it?

TooooooooooooooLonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg!

It's a good popcorn movie, but it's not Lord of the Rings. It doesn't need the 3 hour treatment - could have easily been edited into 2 hours. A comment from one of my friends: "By the end I was just waiting for him to hurry up and die".

The island sequences are probably the best. I'll note, however, that some of the CG looked almost retro (i.e. not convincing). Was that on purpose?

I thought the film was preposterous and tedious. The deliberate hammy acting was at times unbearable. Jackson clearly had free rein to do as he pleased, and his homage to CGI gore and nonsense was testament to that, but this overshadowed the other characteristics of the film. He wasted the opportunity of extra time by simply doubling up on every scene, when, instead, he could have explored the principle tenets of the film. I did however enjoy the portrayal of the 1920's depression and my nephews loved every minute.

Here's a review of more substance:

http://www.ejumpcut.org/archive/onlinessay...r/KingKong.html

I opted to see Narnia instead.

Lovely film based on lovely books, a favourite of my childhood. Tilda Swinton is ice cool and ever so sexy. Looking forward to Voyage of the Dawn Treader (well if they can film all three LOTR's and make money?).