House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest_lauralondon_*

Tvs Mounted High On Wall

Someone told them to put them up on a wall and people have. If terms of PC monitors you are meant to have them at eye height putting them on a wall where you need to stand up to be at eye height seems crazy, unless you have reclining chairs that put you at an angle.

Why do people do this? My neck hurts after a weekend with family member where I watched some TV high up on the wall.

Glad to get back to a house with no TV. Weekend with people where the TV is always on and all seats in the lounge face it.

Get some shiny new boots to raise you up a bit.

Missus has done one better - ours is perched on top of somekind of TV stand, on top of a cabinet because she has so many audio separates/other crap underneath it (all unused, of course). It's so high the ceiling light casts a shadow on it.

I leave her to it as at least it means she leaves my man caves alone.

Why do people do this? My neck hurts after a weekend with family member where I watched some TV high up on the wall.

Glad to get back to a house with no TV. Weekend with people where the TV is always on and all seats in the lounge face it.

With you on that one.....I always feel very disorientated when the heads of people on a huge screen in the room are larger than a humans head.....nothing worse than entering a room with a huge screen filling it up with moving pictures.....almost unreal....never did like the cinema much, thought it just me.

Missus has done one better - ours is perched on top of somekind of TV stand, on top of a cabinet because she has so many audio separates/other crap underneath it (all unused, of course). It's so high the ceiling light casts a shadow on it.

I leave her to it as at least it means she leaves my man caves alone.

I sympathise, not so much about the height of the television but about all the audio crap. I like life simple, just a television and a DVD that doubles up as a CD player in our lounge. It's a bit primitive and I can't even record television programmes like I could thirty years ago, but hey it's worth it for simplicity and minimalism.

I am always fascinated at the infinite numbers of ways people can get annoyed at something.

I guess it is the human condition where the brain is forever processing sensory inputs in order that the body's environment is optimised advantageously. I've always said "the body is never happy", it is always too cold or too hot, forever adjusting. It seems this applies to literally everything where it focuses on that stuff that is 'worst' at that particular moment of time and putting everything that is less worse into the background.

Get a grip people.

I get sensory overload which is why I try and avoid too much stuff in the home. Seems to me that a lot of time is lost by stuff overload in the modern world, you know too much shopping, extending the house to take the stuff, visits to the tip, managing food overbought, assessing the merits of more gadgets, extra time cleaning and clearing stuff out of the way to cook etc.

Sometimes I stay at the sister in laws and daren't put anything down lest it is lost forever. I quickly get confused by stuff. :wacko:

I get sensory overload which is why I try and avoid too much stuff in the home. Seems to me that a lot of time is lost by stuff overload in the modern world, you know too much shopping, extending the house to take the stuff, visits to the tip, managing food overbought, assessing the merits of more gadgets, extra time cleaning and clearing stuff out of the way to cook etc.

Most people are brainless morons incapable of dealing with anything other than constant distractions, and they're ever-increasingly shaping the world around them. It wouldn't be quite so depressing if they weren't capable of better.

This is something I need to address.

I've noticed that elderly family members who use Multi or Bi focal spectacles like the TV high up on the wall. Seems like they can read it better there?

I always thought that it was because flat screen TVs were sold as hangable on the wall like paintings and mirrors; so people have hung them at this height. Plus they're safer from damage up there.

In common with many here I have no TV.

In common with many here I have no TV.

There will probably be a time, fairly soon, when whole TV channels can be generated in real time based on random content like web forums.

You'll get a computer generated bimbo saying, "Welcome back to High on the Wall. Before the break, crashmonitor was experiencing sensory overload because of too much stuff in the home. Join as as we go on a visit to the tip to make some more space for the TV then we'll get some philosophical insight from Mr sPinwheel."

There will probably be a time, fairly soon, when whole TV channels can be generated in real time based on random content like web forums.

You'll get a computer generated bimbo saying, "Welcome back to High on the Wall. Before the break, crashmonitor was experiencing sensory overload because of too much stuff in the home. Join as as we go on a visit to the tip to make some more space for the TV then we'll get some philosophical insight from Mr sPinwheel."

And do you know; I would happily watch that :)

I have the TV in my bedroom mounted high (tilted down though) and it is ideal. I can watch it whilst in bed lying down or sitting up, and it causes no neck pain. Plus, it saves space and avoids being hit when I walk past.

Though, I agree that it doesn't make sense mounting it high anywhere else.