House Price Crash Forum

Andrew Marr

ccc

HOLA441

Talking to Osborne about the budget , cuts and a surplus.

"Yes we know we eventually have to pay off the DEFICIT".

I couldn't care less if he had a stroke or not. This bloke is in a position of serious power. He gets paid from taxpayers money. And he is clearly thick as mince.

A disgrace.

HOLA442
HOLA443

I couldn't care less if he had a stroke or not. This bloke is in a position of serious power. He gets paid from taxpayers money. And he is clearly thick as mince.

A disgrace.

Stop self harming.

Switch it off

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Usually too busy watching last night's MoTD in the mornings, but from what I can gather it seems like Osborne's on Marr every week. Getting far too easy a ride, no doubt.

The BBC is a conservative, state broadcaster with very obvious left leanings.

Their existence is based on the state giving them money. And jailing single mums who do not.

To get some sort of political balance they would need to put more people on the show.

So, what are the options. Coybyn - who's well meaing and useless. The collection of looney trolls, who are horendous and nuts, Nah. That would destroy the Labour party.

Someone else from Labour? Brown destroyed the party. Its just loons and odds and sods left.

UKIP? Farage is too good and forceful and against the BBC politics.

SNP? Nah, they dont care.

The Green - note the lack of plural!

Best not let those near any media.

Liberals? Who?

HOLA448
HOLA449

What would Corbyn say.

He usually has an interesting and quite straightforward take on things even if voters might not vote for it - but it's an extremely long time in politics before the next general election.

No. He rambles along about nice stuff. He cannot handle being challenged or made to justify some pretty p1ss poor decisions taken in the past.

The irony of someone who never bothered toeing the line now forcing Labour MPs to follow his votes is laughable.

HOLA4410

No. He rambles along about nice stuff. He cannot handle being challenged or made to justify some pretty p1ss poor decisions taken in the past.

The irony of someone who never bothered toeing the line now forcing Labour MPs to follow his votes is laughable.

Actually he has very clear opinions on subjects that gets them all in a tizzy and for that alone is worth listening to even if you (meaning the general sense of you) wouldn't vote for him. So far he seems to have met any challenges reasonably well but accepted that media challenges of senior politicians don't usually amount to much. Most of them have made poor decisions in the past and can't justify them and ramble along - they're UK politicians.

True there is irony in his position now but his previous actions suggests a level of committment to his beliefs - and plenty voted for him to be leader. Slavishly toeing party lines is part of the problem of UK politics these days. The thing that's laughable is how slavishly they toe the line.

Senior politicans from all the main parties can't handle being properly challenged and rarely get challenged directly by the media although I would agree they should be across the board. That criticism applies to them all.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4411

A disgrace.

I recall a brilliant exchange between John Humphrys (who gives every impression of being scientifically and economically illiterate and innumerate too) and Ed Balls (who learned too much of the wrong kind of economics ;) ) on the Radio 4 Today programme before the 2015 GE. Humphrys was badgering Balls about when the Labour party would "get rid of the deficit" or WTTE. Balls responded that they intended to be in surplus by Year X. Humphrys responded by continuing to press Balls to answer question about the deficit. :rolleyes:

When supposedly leading political interviewers wanting to pursue a news agenda about the deficit don't know the difference between the deficit and debt (and you can forget net debt) it somewhat undermines the seriousness with which they presume to be taken.

HOLA4412

Actually he has very clear opinions on subjects that gets them all in a tizzy and for that alone is worth listening to even if you (meaning the general sense of you) wouldn't vote for him. So far he seems to have met any challenges reasonably well but accepted that media challenges of senior politicians don't usually amount to much. Most of them have made poor decisions in the past and can't justify them and ramble along - they're UK politicians.

True there is irony in his position now but his previous actions suggests a level of committment to his beliefs - and plenty voted for him to be leader. Slavishly toeing party lines is part of the problem of UK politics these days. The thing that's laughable is how slavishly they toe the line.

Senior politicans from all the main parties can't handle being properly challenged and rarely get challenged directly by the media although I would agree they should be across the board. That criticism applies to them all.

He has clear, strongly held views which contradict his other clear and strongly held view.

HOLA4413

He has clear, strongly held views which contradict his other clear and strongly held view.

Maybe you've heard more of his opinions and for a longer time than I have but since becoming leader of the labour party I've pretty much never heard him interviewed on the same subject twice. I've never heard him contradict his core policy positions - yet. It's been a steady flow of him giving his opinion each time on a different topic (each time usually portrayed by the media and politicians as stunningly eccentric) so there's not been much opportunity for him to really contradict himself - since becoming leader.

It's actually quite amusing to hear politicans of all main party persuasions (from the LibLabCon) criticising as if one political party which just demonstrates the UK's political reality.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4414

Maybe you've heard more of his opinions and for a longer time than I have but since becoming leader of the labour party I've pretty much never heard him interviewed on the same subject twice. I've never heard him contradict his core policy positions - yet. It's been a steady flow of him giving his opinion each time on a different topic (each time usually portrayed by the media and politicians as stunningly eccentric) so there's not been much opportunity for him to really contradict himself - since becoming leader.

It's actually quite amusing to hear politicans of all main party persuasions (from the LibLabCon) criticising as if one political party which just demonstrates the UK's political reality.

Actually I have. I met him years ago. at the fringe of a fringe event.

He's nice and serves a purpose - devils advocate/Jimminy crick concsious.

But his purpose is nowhere near being the leader or fomulating national policy.

The trolls operating in his shadow - he did not pick them but is too weak to enforce any ideals - are terrbiel. Think over grown student marxists.

HOLA4415

I am not a public sector worker, so I really cannot speak for them and the possible cuts they will face this week along with more welfare cuts. But if I was I would be quite happy for Osborne to make historical major pay cuts to my wages if he would only allow the property market to crash like it wants and need to or if he sorted out the massive rents so many people are forced to pay.

Yeah, and his own while he is at it, and MP`s wages/expenses in general, then we will all really be in it together. Eventually they will have to cut back or lose control of the bus, best thing would be a currency crisis or something to just clean out all the mal-investment?

HOLA4416

Corbyn has the biggest mandate of any political leader, and the highest trust ratings. Given the idiotic press bashing (down to the media owners not wanting their empires broken up), Corbyn is actually doing well considering he has to battle the neo liberal banking shills in his own parliamentary party (until they're deselected).

Lets see how well the Tories are doing after a house price crash, the biggest cuts in history, pensioners on trolleys outside A&E, huge cuts in tax credits and housing benefit, and a terrorist attack or two with precious few police left to respond.

It'll take time - but Labour are not extremists. Its this Government that are following an extreme economic agenda, one which has very little support from mainstream economists.

HOLA4417

Corbyn has the biggest mandate of any political leader, and the highest trust ratings. Given the idiotic press bashing (down to the media owners not wanting their empires broken up), Corbyn is actually doing well considering he has to battle the neo liberal banking shills in his own parliamentary party (until they're deselected).

Lets see how well the Tories are doing after a house price crash, the biggest cuts in history, pensioners on trolleys outside A&E, huge cuts in tax credits and housing benefit, and a terrorist attack or two with precious few police left to respond.

It'll take time - but Labour are not extremists. Its this Government that are following an extreme economic agenda, one which has very little support from mainstream economists.

No he hasn't.

The leadshership vote was messed up. The actual vote was hijacked by various interest groups.

Corbyn has zilch mandate, and less trust. Actual proper Labour voters I know in the North cannot stand Corbyn. He stands for everything they hate about Labour of the last 30 eyars - out of touch Islingista.

HOLA4418

No he hasn't.

The leadshership vote was messed up. The actual vote was hijacked by various interest groups.

Corbyn has zilch mandate, and less trust. Actual proper Labour voters I know in the North cannot stand Corbyn. He stands for everything they hate about Labour of the last 30 eyars - out of touch Islingista.

That part is nonsense. He won by an absolute landslide. Nobody else was close and this was across the board with all sections of those with a vote.

HOLA4419

That part is nonsense. He won by an absolute landslide. Nobody else was close and this was across the board with all sections of those with a vote.

He won the Labour leadership election, which was so flawed it would have made Kil Il Yung blush.

People tend to talk about Corbyn's mandate as if he's one the general election.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

As a non-supporter of him, or his party can I just say he has done a good job in parts. A conviction politician is needed by all parties - Dave certainly is not one.

The worried New Labour are windy as they are scum, and have been found out. They are windy ar5ed for that reason, and that reason alone. Hopefully now Labour can provide a real left wing opposition, not a poor imitation of Dave's ar5e lickers.

HOLA4422

Everybody secretly knows that there will be another fail come 2020 on a balanced budget. At the end of the day we have an 800 billion pound budget and a retirement and health budget making up the majority of that which is sacrosanct. We could of cause save 0.5% of that (4 billion) by confiscating the bankers' bonuses and all would be bright and dandy.

On the other hand you may conclude that with an aging population it is not doable until the whole life Ponzi Scheme UK finally implodes. Meanwhile we can live with the fantasy, particularly numerically challenged boomers, that their retirement is funded.

I guess it might be doable if we started taking some serious redress on death via inheritance tax but the Tories are widening the bands not closing them.

Edited by crashmonitor

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Everybody secretly knows that there will be another fail come 2020 on a balanced budget. At the end of the day we have an 800 billion pound budget and a retirement and health budget making up the majority of that which is sacrosanct. We could of cause save 0.5% of that (4 billion) by confiscating the bankers' bonuses and all would be bright and dandy.

On the other hand you may conclude that with an aging population it is not doable until the whole life Ponzi Scheme UK finally implodes. Meanwhile we can live with the fantasy, particularly numerically challenged boomers, that their retirement is funded.

I guess it might be doable if we started taking some serious redress on death via inheritance tax but the Tories are widening the bands not closing them.

I posted words to that effect on another forum (non-financial), the resident boomer just came back with "that is the biggest stream of bulls**t I have ever read". Quite complimentary by normal standards.