House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kjw

Pm To Get Own Plane For Official Trips

Prime Minister David Cameron and senior ministers are to get their own plane for official trips.

An RAF Voyager A330 air-to-air refuelling aircraft will be refitted at a cost of about £10m.

The government says the move will save about £775,000 a year as the plane will be cheaper than chartering flights.

The BBC's Ross Hawkins said despite the predicted savings, the announcement was likely to prove controversial ahead of next week's Spending Review.

Well, I guess if it's good enough for Obama... :rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34864328

I learned this evening that Blair chartered planes all over the place - nothing new there - but I never knew there was once a Hooters Airline. And Blair chartered one. I would have put up with Ryanair service for a Hooters flight!

EtonJet

Nice.

Curious how Tories want to flog off all state assets but believe public ownership is better when it comes to their own jet.

Why not council houses rather than more expensive private rentals?