House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

What's In Her Trolley?

I always look in other people's shopping trollies in the supermarket.

How much can you tell about a woman from the contents of her trolley?

How much can you tell about a woman from the contents of her trolley?

Loads.

Which is why the people using supermarket 'loyalty' cards are very silly indeed.

I'm always fascinated by what's in other people's trolleys, so you are not alone. :wacko:

Loads.

Which is why the people using supermarket 'loyalty' cards are very silly indeed.

Can you please explain to me, why anyone should be bothered, if a shop knows what they buy and when?

Always have a good look....passes the time whilst waiting. Still lots buying processed and ready meals.....another time a guy buying two bottles of whisky whilst on special........mine usually have a reduced sticker attached to it, sometimes even better a reduced sticker over a reduced sticker......make a good healthy meal up from what's on special of the day. ;)

My shopping trolley today weighed in at £75. It was all curry spices, beer, bog roll and air fresheners.

My shopping trolley today weighed in at £75. It was all curry spices, beer, bog roll and air fresheners.

How many times a week do you buy curry spices.....mine last ages, buy in large plastic bags for about a quid, never in a supermarket, air fresheners are a waste of money.....bog rolls very expensive in supermarket.....beer I thought you made your own......saved you £70. ;)

How many times a week do you buy curry spices.....mine last ages, buy in large plastic bags for about a quid, never in a supermarket, air fresheners are a waste of money.....bog rolls very expensive in supermarket.....beer I thought you made your own......saved you £70. ;)

Unless you've been in Mr Pins toilet I'm not sure you're qualified to make that statement

Sometimes I brew beer, and as for bog paper, the Radio Times used to be great, as it was nice thick paper, and the ink didn't rub off! I used to get very large plastic bags of spices once, from Wing Yip in Manchester, when I was up that way.

Can you please explain to me, why anyone should be bothered, if a shop knows what they buy and when?

It's a peculiar HPC off topic thing where there's quite a lot who'll spend an afternoon drying their Lidl teabags, on the washing line, for re-use to save a few pennies. Yet they also happily shun supermarket loyalty cards, which would accumulate to be worth decent money, because that's sticking it to the man or something.

It's a peculiar HPC off topic thing where there's quite a lot who'll spend an afternoon drying their Lidl teabags, on the washing line, for re-use to save a few pennies. Yet they also happily shun supermarket loyalty cards, which would accumulate to be worth decent money, because that's sticking it to the man or something.

No. it's because it's imperative to stop GCHQ knowing what sort of cereal you eat.

(Actually I'm wrong, cereal is full of sugar, the foulest of the foul, no HPC'er would touch it).

What I find weird now and then is when some really fat person ahead of me has a trolley full of pies/chips/cakes/biscuits/crisps/ready meals/mega bottles of Coke etc. - hardly anything fresh or not ready made - BUT also has a load of mega bottles of water. Do they think it's 'healthy' and is somehow going to counteract the effect of all the rest?

I rarely have bottled water, as I have taps in my house.

What I find weird now and then is when some really fat person ahead of me has a trolley full of pies/chips/cakes/biscuits/crisps/ready meals/mega bottles of Coke etc. - hardly anything fresh or not ready made - BUT also has a load of mega bottles of water. Do they think it's 'healthy' and is somehow going to counteract the effect of all the rest?

Lot of salt there. You need the water to give your kidneys a chance of not packing in.

I rarely have bottled water, as I have taps in my house.

Me too. And in true HPC fashion I collect and filter my own urine. Not paying Anglian Water a penny more than I have to.

They believe reall food and water only comes in wrappers...