House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Exporting Is Great

I always see these kinds of ads as a sign of recession as they are QE for the advertising industry.

These, in particular, are an utterly pointless example. Cue business people everywhere slapping their foreheads and saying "Exporting? Blimey why didn't i` think of that? Thanks, Government!" Everyone else simply shrugs their shoulders.

Well I'm in the exporting game... and get those UKTI alerts.

A few months back, UTKI wanted to do a huge push Vietnam (IIRC), they rang us asking us to do it.. an hour later going through the sales chatter and explaining to them the process, it turns out they don't have any suppliers/goods/brands they want to promote, or even know who the customers are who we need to sell to. So, they come up with the idea, we find the products, get the products registered/listed, find out who to sell it to and build that relationship yada yada, and UKTI want us to do it for free. Erm.