House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scunnered

"it Makes You Feel Sick Inside And Angry."

Cars crushed after Dunfermline flood defences overwhelmed

Two cars were damaged when a troubled flood prevention scheme in Fife was hit by more problems during the weekend's heavy rain.

Paul Starks said he felt "sick to his stomach" when he discovered a wall and railings had toppled onto his two sports cars in Dunfermline.

A drain had become blocked by debris, leading water to spill over, causing the wall in Coal Road to collapse.

"I came out and looked and realised the cars were badly damaged. Water was spewing out of the wall and I thought, not again.

"This is the second time it has flooded.

"I love my cars, it's devastating. It makes you feel sick inside and angry."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-34846058

_86735752_dscf2086.jpg

A. They're only cars.

B. They're parked on the frickin' pavement, you tw*t!

I like mx5's as well, it made me sick to my stomach when they were maligned as a hairdressers car!!

Anyway, they are parked in a bit of a stupid place, considering they are supposed to be his world.

Not merely on it, but blocking it.

Well, with that kind of media coverage, there's no excuse not to prosecute.

I like mx5's as well, it made me sick to my stomach when they were maligned as a hairdressers car!!

Anyway, they are parked in a bit of a stupid place, considering they are supposed to be his world.

MX5 is very nice. What the MGB should have been. The concept is similar except you don't have to smoke a pipe with the lid down in the rain. Not sure where he hairdresser thing started. :blink:

Not merely on it, but blocking it.

Well, with that kind of media coverage, there's no excuse not to prosecute.

He was simply blocking this dangerous pavement so pedestrians wouldn't befall the same fate as his beloved cars.

He deserves a medal for his bravery.

He was simply blocking this dangerous pavement so pedestrians wouldn't befall the same fate as his beloved cars.

He deserves a medal for his bravery.

Is he a hard working striver who did the right thing?

Bloody awful ugly fence, it makes me feel sick and angry that some **** wouldn't have too much of a problem ordering that and installing it. Good job it blew down.

He was putting much more concentrated weight on the pavement than it was designed for, probably over an extended period. No wonder it started to buckle under the strain, so eventually it just took a bit of weather as a final straw to bring down a section of wall.

Note, the wall is just fine where there are no parked/parking cars wearing it down.

Is he a hard working striver who did the right thing?

Yes - tax credits and all.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-34846058

_86735752_dscf2086.jpg

A. They're only cars.

I drive past there all the time. Every time I go past those cars are sitting there. They never seem to move.

Also that pavement stops a few yards past the photo so no one actually walks that way.

Even on Street view the red car is in the same spot.

https://goo.gl/qf7cwa

Anyone with a young child with norovirus knows the answer to that one.

When you are young and through to your twenties and you feel the Norovirus coming on you feel like you are in for a few hours of torture until you finally wretch up that green bile.

Now here comes a bit of good news that ties in with that over forties thread , I'm sure it aint that bad when you get older. These days it seems a bit more of a breeze. I reckon older immune systems just don't have the power to torture the body to the same extent. Ok you are still bucketing with sweat, your throat ends up feeling like it has thistles stuffed down it after all that wretching but somehow when it's happening...am I bothered...no.

I drive past there all the time. Every time I go past those cars are sitting there. They never seem to move.

Also that pavement stops a few yards past the photo so no one actually walks that way.

Even on Street view the red car is in the same spot.

https://goo.gl/qf7cwa

SORN? Can you check the number plate for us? :)

I don't remember seeing parked overnight "on the pavement opposite my flat" in the list of options in the insurance.

Yep, was wondering where they stand. Had a gf once who did similar and was eventually told by the local fuzz to stop doing it.

Now now.. regardless of facts he's a heretic who should be burned.

Parking his car next to those walls obviously caused them to fall down and with such clear evidence we should expect a mob of outraged HPCers there any minute.

I feel sick and angry most of the time. It's beyond me how anyone with functioning eyes and ears doesn't these days. That all the rest of the nonsense doesn't make someone sick and angry but a wall falling on a stupidly parked car does makes me sick and angry (sum up the typical waste-of-space, destructive in their ignorance human being).

Drove along there yesterday and didn't see a thing!

Can't help thinking, if he'd driven a proper car with a roof and all, he wouldn't have had a problem...

I wish my car would get totaled, its insured for more than i paid 6 years ago and ive done 49k miles.

Why have you neglected a material fact (overvaluation of your car) on your insurance? Do you think for one second that the insurance adjusters wouldn't pay out on the realistic market value of your car rather then what you declared it at?