More Good Deflation And Good Inflation This Month

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Well houses aren't in there are they. Got to agree that consumer prices are down, petrol has tanked to an eight year low and food has dropped again, in spite of certain supermarkets (Tesco for one) trying to raise in the guise of helping British farmers. And my dual fuel bill has dropped off a cliff (-33%).

HOLA448

May be the Bears should be celebrating these stats...bad for the Banks that are desperate for a rise in interest rates and are being crucified on loan margins and jusrt shocking for firms that can't increase prices but have increasing inputs like the living wage.

We are in serious danger of a deflationary bust and unemployment unless inflation rises soon. The private sector can't keep going on falling prices and rising wage inputs.

Edited by crashmonitor

HOLA449

May be the Bears should be celebrating these stats...bad for the Banks that are desperate for a rise in interest rates and are being crucified on loan margins and jusrt shocking for firms that can't increase prices but have increasing inputs like the living wage.

We are in serious danger of a deflationary bust and unemployment unless inflation rises soon. The private sector can't keep going on falling prices and rising wage inputs.

Oil price base effects, real wage rises & static inflation expectations says we're not.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

And my dual fuel bill has dropped off a cliff (-33%).

I'm maybe going off topic here, but mine too. I used Money Saving Expert - Cheap Energy Club and was pleasantly surprised by it.

Still with British Gas too, so seems odd that I went via a 3rd party to get a new tariff. But British own Gas's tariff checker/switcher is (intentionally) useless.

HOLA4413

I'm maybe going off topic here, but mine too. I used Money Saving Expert - Cheap Energy Club and was pleasantly surprised by it.

Still with British Gas too, so seems odd that I went via a 3rd party to get a new tariff. But British own Gas's tariff checker/switcher is (intentionally) useless.

Look out for the collective tariffs.....have to use a third party but can still stay with your existing provider, get much better price, a price your own provider can not offer you. ;)

HOLA4414
  • 4 weeks later...
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Were done.

#turningjapaneseisbollocks

Thank god for that - I can buy petrol again now. In recent days I have been deferring filling the car up in the expectation of lower prices in future.

HOLA4417

Oil price base effects, real wage rises & static inflation expectations says we're not.

Can't see real wage rises continuing. No job creation in high value jobs. Foreign labour bussed in to do low value jobs. That's why wages rises have been so limited.

Oil price falls have contirubted to deflation, but that contribution can't continue as they won't drop much further. That said, I don't see them increasing for at least 2-3 years either.

Chinese will help UK keep a lid on inflation by continuing to bail out their non profitable businesses and allow them to sell us stuff at cheaper and cheaper prices. This can't continue indefinitily. At some point they either go under in a huge bust, or they start to cull capacity to try to inflate prices. That's one tightrope I wouldn't want to walk. Either way it's going to result in price rises for us in the long term. The only get out I see for China is a massive rise in internal consumption. Maybe they can do that, in a state where you can have one family one child maybe its possible to have one family 10 tellies (minimum).

HOLA4418

Can't see real wage rises continuing. No job creation in high value jobs. Foreign labour bussed in to do low value jobs. That's why wages rises have been so limited.

Oil price falls have contirubted to deflation, but that contribution can't continue as they won't drop much further. That said, I don't see them increasing for at least 2-3 years either.

Chinese will help UK keep a lid on inflation by continuing to bail out their non profitable businesses and allow them to sell us stuff at cheaper and cheaper prices. This can't continue indefinitily. At some point they either go under in a huge bust, or they start to cull capacity to try to inflate prices. That's one tightrope I wouldn't want to walk. Either way it's going to result in price rises for us in the long term. The only get out I see for China is a massive rise in internal consumption. Maybe they can do that, in a state where you can have one family one child maybe its possible to have one family 10 tellies (minimum).

We have a bit of an escalating factor in the minimum wage and for those not in work the pensioners triple lock comes to mind. God knows how this is compatible with deflation. It will be challenging indeed for corporations and the public sector finances should deflation persist.

HOLA4419

We have a bit of an escalating factor in the minimum wage and for those not in work the pensioners triple lock comes to mind. God knows how this is compatible with deflation. It will be challenging indeed for corporations and the public sector finances should deflation persist.

when you loose your job pm someone can keep their high wages then Mt suffer deflation.

welcome to the public sector

HOLA4420
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA4421