House Price Crash Forum

Apps

uptherebels

HOLA441

I'm sure a lot of you will have favourite apps, which you may find useful or fun etc. I am curious about a couple of things though.

I signed up for pinterest. Straight away, I can see that it's very useful for collecting images and so on. But I'm told that really, they are supposed to be used as bookmarks. I already bookmark stuff, in the browser, like most people do I guess. So what do people really do with pinterest?

Secondly, Evernote, and other similar apps. When I read about this, it seems brilliant. I even downloaded it once :) but then realised I had no idea what to put into it!

I accept that my life is pretty dull, but would have thought I could have found some use for it.

So would love to know, if anyone in the real world, actually makes use of such things, and if so, how.

HOLA442

Lots of stuff like Evernote I never use - there are some new things like that in Office or Google Docs and I never use them.

I have been looking at this new camera app that uploads video you are recording to a central server as you record it - need good internet - but it came from the US for when people are recording Police. It is supposedly to stop the Police destroying or nicking your camera if you have recorded them doing something they should not.

HOLA443

Lots of stuff like Evernote I never use - there are some new things like that in Office or Google Docs and I never use them.

I have been looking at this new camera app that uploads video you are recording to a central server as you record it - need good internet - but it came from the US for when people are recording Police. It is supposedly to stop the Police destroying or nicking your camera if you have recorded them doing something they should not.

Can't imagine I'd ever use that, but it's a brilliant idea!

HOLA444

I reckon there is a whole industry around creating a desire for said apps and people buying but hardly or never using them. No doubt there are some fantastic apps that are absolutely useful and needed but a huge proportion that are just tat.

When you see the stats 2,000,000 downloads...maybe they should add 1,999,000 never used and uninstalled ......? :mellow:

HOLA445
HOLA446

Evernote is best thought of as a scrapbook/jotter.

I have all kinds of junk in mine from scanned guarantees to standard emails I copy and paste when I want to book my bike on the train to pdfs of reports that might be useful for work one day. I even have the wifi password buried deep within it in an unrelated file - i can remember the first three characters so I type those in and up it pops.

I often use it for drafting text as it has fewer distractions than Word or Outlook.

The handy thing is that is available on several devices eg phone and laptop and automatically syncs the two.

Archived