House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Hmrc To Merge 170 Offices Into 13 "hubs"

HMRC to merge 170 offices into 13 hubs as part of major overhaul

hmrc_1928182d.jpg

Staff will be told on Thursday about the sweeping changes

It would appear the press have got there first. I'm sure this will clearly help produce a more efficient tax service and the cuts will help balance the books.....

They did this with my job at the DWP whittled down the regional offices to a skeletal staff and replaced them with hubs aka contact centres and then balanced the network making everyone who worked their a de facto call centre advisor literally overnight. Moral plummeted and the attrition rate went over 20% per annum, great for slashing jobs but bad for the customer.

I wonder what mega expensive consultancy was paid for by our taxes to come up with this idea. I go for Deloitte. Any other guesses ?

I wonder what mega expensive consultancy was paid for by our taxes to come up with this idea. I go for Deloitte. Any other guesses ?

Newtons or LEK Consultants

Edited by workingpoor

They did this with my job at the DWP whittled down the regional offices to a skeletal staff and replaced them with hubs aka contact centres and then balanced the network making everyone who worked their a de facto call centre advisor literally overnight. Moral plummeted and the attrition rate went over 20% per annum, great for slashing jobs but bad for the customer.

HMRC don't have any customers.

The tax collection agency, HMRC, is preparing to announce a major restructuring plan which is likely to see large scale job losses in Scotland over the next ten years.

The agency's network of offices includes major centres in Dundee, Cumbernauld and East Kilbride.

These are expected to close, with future operations in new regional centres in Glasgow and Edinburgh.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-34798266

Ah brilliant. Let's close the offices in the places with poor employment opportunities and make the ones in the already-crowded major cities even bigger.

HMRC to merge 170 offices into 13 hubs as part of major overhaul

Staff will be told on Thursday about the sweeping changes

It would appear the press have got there first. I'm sure this will clearly help produce a more efficient tax service and the cuts will help balance the books.....

it probably would if they got rid of all the really pointless taxes they have to collect/keep track of.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-34798266

Ah brilliant. Let's close the offices in the places with poor employment opportunities and make the ones in the already-crowded major cities even bigger.

HMRC and its predecessors spent decades moving Civil Service jobs out of London to the provinces.

Now it is going to move a lot of them back to London

Sheer genius

I undertstand that some of the ex Customs and Excise IT staff in Southend are likely to end up working in Stratford in East lLndon

Given that they now face an expensive commute to a not particularly nice bit of London what odds a lot of them opting for better paid technical jobs in the capital than HMRC have to offer

My money is that in 10 years they will be lamenting high staff turnover and the execessive cost of running offices in Croydon and Stratford which will probably start the whole cycle off again

Edited by stormymonday_2011