House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

porca misèria

How I Work

LOL. I have three monitors and 3 PCs at my home office. Maybe we should take a picture and use this thread to show and tell...

The "How my clients think.." one is good. It looks very well set up for some gaming. Sadly the reality is far more mundane.

home-office.jpg

I put too many books on the shelf and it gave way. But it's just as well, with my declining eyesight I need some larger monitors and they wouldn't fit underneath it.

That plant is doing quite well though. Partner said it wouldn't survive a year being around me every day ;)

The "How my clients think.." one is good. It looks very well set up for some gaming. Sadly the reality is far more mundane.

That desk is disgustingly clear. Can't possibly be a place of work.

That desk is disgustingly clear. Can't possibly be a place of work.

My mother was/is a hoarder. Can't abide clutter.

There are two things on my computer desktop, but those relate to current projects.

TBH, the reality of mine is four different pictures:

1. In bed, with laptop.
  2. In the sofa in the living room, with laptop.
  3. At treadmill desk with desktop (just the one monitor, but it's a big desk-mounted job).
  4. At traditional (cluttered) desk with desktop (just the one monitor, older and smaller). Mostly eat there, except when I have people around.

home-office.jpg

I put too many books on the shelf and it gave way. But it's just as well, with my declining eyesight I need some larger monitors and they wouldn't fit underneath it.

That plant is doing quite well though. Partner said it wouldn't survive a year being around me every day ;)

Shouldn't there be a cat sitting on the keyboard?

My mother was/is a hoarder. Can't abide clutter.

There are two things on my computer desktop, but those relate to current projects.

Hope you wear safety specs or even full face sheild when working. Getting past that yucca to get printed material is a hazardous task. The points at the ends of those leaves are deadly.

Though I technically work from home I rarely do, I actually spend more time in the office these days.

I have a home office for the odd day I do though.. (just to make the rest of you feel better after seeing Mark's immaculate office)

DSC_1361.jpg

Yes, the walls are lime green. Yes the curtains are yellow with flowers on.

No I didn't. And yes they were they were (here when we moved in).

Though I technically work from home I rarely do, I actually spend more time in the office these days.

I have a home office for the odd day I do though.. (just to make the rest of you feel better after seeing Mark's immaculate office)

DSC_1361.jpg

Yes, the walls are lime green. Yes the curtains are yellow with flowers on.

No I didn't. And yes they were they were (here when we moved in).

Shouldn't there be a pussy on the table?

That does indeed look like a far more realistic desk top. And I expect I could learn to ignore the colour scheme.

But a desk with nowhere underneath for the legs? That's worse than anything in Mark's pic. Would certainly do my back in. :o

I only bother putting on the underpants if I am videoconferencing.

P.S. I am sitting on the cat.

Nobody can afford underpants that size!

That does indeed look like a far more realistic desk top. And I expect I could learn to ignore the colour scheme.

But a desk with nowhere underneath for the legs? That's worse than anything in Mark's pic. Would certainly do my back in. :o

There is just about enough space for legs under there.. the photo is a little deceptive but that shelf underneath is only about half the width of the table. I guess it depends how long your legs are..