House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Crocodiles To Guard Indonesia Death Row Prisoners Because They Are ‘Unbribable’

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/crocodiles-to-guard-indonesia-death-row-prisoners-because-they-are-unbribable-says-anti-drugs-chief-a6728626.html

Crocodiles will be used to guard death row prisoners on an isolated Indonesian island as they “cannot be bribed”, the country’s anti-drugs chief has said.

Budi Waseso said humans were far more corruptible than the ancient river predator and that he would travel to different crocodile farms across the country to find the fiercest breeds on offer.

He told local Indonesian news website Tempo: “We will place as many crocodiles as we can there. I will search for the most ferocious type of crocodile.

“You can't bribe crocodiles. You can't convince them to let inmates escape.”

Mr Waseso’s prison idea would require inmates to fend for themselves with only daily food parcels to help them survive on the island prison.

“We will keep sending them food supplies every day. But they have to survive on their own,” he said.

Apart from with food??? This plan unsurprisingly hasn't been approved, although I'm surprised he didn't suggest to cut costs death row inmates could be executed by the crocs to cut costs?

Oh dear. Crocs moving that slow are not hungry.

Not so hard, really. Cold-blooded animals eat very little compared to us. I don't know how often a croc eats, but I'd guess one or two meals a month.

Eating once a year is very thrifty. I'm surprised more crocodiles don't post here. Mind you a whole antelope would be a smashing slap-up dinner.

Eating once a year is very thrifty. I'm surprised more crocodiles don't post here. Mind you a whole antelope would be a smashing slap-up dinner.

What would you drink with it? Full-bodied Chilean red? Something smooth and rich like a Chianti?