House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davidg

Persian Gulf Will Be Too Hot For Humans In 30 Years

A new paper presents evidence that a deadly combination of heat and humidity at the edge of human survivability could occur in the Persian Gulf within 30 years. The region is critical for supplies of oil and fossil fuels. If they become inhospitable to humans, the global consequences could be dire.

http://arstechnica.com/science/2015/11/persian-gulf-temperatures-may-be-at-the-edge-of-human-tolerance-in-30-years/

You just wear a hat! :wacko: And other easy clothes for the purposes of modesty, of which I have little! :huh:

... so long as it is practical ...

445barrow-man.jpg

That's such a long way from a straw boater, or a bowler, I think you may be a cad!

A new paper presents evidence that a deadly combination of heat and humidity at the edge of human survivability could occur in the Persian Gulf within 30 years. The region is critical for supplies of oil and fossil fuels. If they become inhospitable to humans, the global consequences could be dire.

http://arstechnica.com/science/2015/11/persian-gulf-temperatures-may-be-at-the-edge-of-human-tolerance-in-30-years/

They will turn up the aircon.

Surely the oil companies will build huge air-conditioned compounds, and have air-conditioned prefab structures for working on rigs. They could operate on Mars with sufficient available energy.

It's not an answer for the inhabitants but they'll all have moved to Sweden by then.

What about water, this is one thing not high on peoples agenda's, but could be critical when calculating "end of days" scenarios!!

oh, it is high enough on the agendas of the PTB

but, naturally, we have to do the complete opposite of what they are doing.

they are very busy at this moment, trying to buy up aquafers in known "sweet spots"

we will just have to pluck it out of thin air.locally.

On the radio yesterday (Monday) they were saying that there had been a 1 degree increase in temperature breakthrough, global warming - and that average increase was awful.

At least it helps to keep the heating bills down :lol:

They'll say and do anything to keep energy prices up and sell more anti freeze etc.

It's all bull$hit. I was stood under a solar eclipse and it was bloody freezing. Actually come to think of it is was freezing last night when the SUN HAD GONE DOWN.

I went to Saudi Arabia once. Getting off the plane was like walking into a sauna. It was about 45 degrees. You have to park your car in shade, otherwise the tape player might melt.

Of course I bought one of those headscarves, and the donut to hold it on. Made in England. Fantastic.

It is a bit hot, but the beach was nice. I don't think a degree ot two will make much difference. Only the English go out at midday, as somebody correctly observed. That's why the shops are open late.

Strange place. I went back via Jeddah, where some festival was going on for bearded men in long white shirts.

I went to Saudi Arabia once. Getting off the plane was like walking into a sauna. It was about 45 degrees. You have to park your car in shade, otherwise the tape player might melt.

Of course I bought one of those headscarves, and the donut to hold it on. Made in England. Fantastic.

It is a bit hot, but the beach was nice. I don't think a degree ot two will make much difference. Only the English go out at midday, as somebody correctly observed. That's why the shops are open late.

Strange place. I went back via Jeddah, where some festival was going on for bearded men in long white shirts.

I went to Iraq once too and getting off the plane was like getting inside a car that had been parked in the summer sun all day and this was outside ffs

We did nearly all our getting about during the hottest part of the day as even the locals weren't stupid enough to be (tribal) fighting. As the temperature went up the gunfire went down to nothing akin to the last 40 seconds of popping corn. I assume they must have gone back indoors to sip tea or some such.

I went to Iraq once too and getting off the plane was like getting inside a car that had been parked in the summer sun all day and this was outside ffs

We did nearly all our getting about during the hottest part of the day as even the locals weren't stupid enough to be (tribal) fighting. As the temperature went up the gunfire went down to nothing akin to the last 40 seconds of popping corn. I assume they must have gone back indoors to sip tea or some such.

I hope you wore a decent tie, to show you were British. I have a Royal Marines one. I was never in the Marines, but it was a gift from a mate who was! :blink: In return I got him a "Hello Kitty" bathroom travel bag! That's how "hord" I am! :blink:;)

Isn't this the main reason why Saud is turning the UK into a muslim state? ;)

Well yes. Saudi Arabia is a medium - long term hopeless case. They don't seem capable of any significant long term development. When I was there in 2011 we were told about a grand plan to install 50GW of solar power.

To date they have managed 50MW which is less than many British Counties :lol:

Same with Nuclear (no developments) and also wind power as NW Saudi has some good wind resources.

Saudi Arabia is not like a sauna.

I have been in many saunas, and seen things that would be well hidden under a burkha in Saudi Arabia. ^_^

oh, it is high enough on the agendas of the PTB

but, naturally, we have to do the complete opposite of what they are doing.

they are very busy at this moment, trying to buy up aquafers in known "sweet spots"

we will just have to pluck it out of thin air.locally.

God Bless the Scottish weather, there'll never be any issues with water up here :(

I will only start to worry when I am told Dundee will be too hot for human beings in 30 years.