House Price Crash Forum

I Have Fixed Buy To Let

Yet another landlord making offensive comparisons to the Holocaust. Get some sense of perspective and a little empathy for actual human suffering.

In 1933 they wernt killing,but making up laws/rules to inhibit the Jews runing their businesses,that was my comparison dear,Ive also been a Tenant from Feb 2008 to May 2012,with a twatt for a landlord.

Again? Really? What you said originally was very offensive. What you have said above is very offensive. Get some perspective.

Also learn to understand the difference between regulating a particular kind of business and discriminating against people on the basis of protected characteristics.

In 1933 they wernt killing,but making up laws/rules to inhibit the Jews runing their businesses,that was my comparison dear,Ive also been a Tenant from Feb 2008 to May 2012,with a twatt for a landlord.

In my judgement one would have to have a very good reason for making a comparison between any financial loss and the fate of the European Jewry at the hands of the Third Reich.

I realise that you cannot see why many other people find what you've written so offensive. The fate of the German Jews was Dachau and Belsen.

Bergen-Belsen.jpg

There is no place for allusions to the holocaust when talking about the way a society introduces financial incentives to do things like move investments out of housing and into, for example, investing in companies that make widgets.

Hitler didn't say "You need to quit clothing retail and get into auto manufacturing, and I'm going to use taxes and regulation to reduce your profits to make sure you do". He used state power to steal their businesses, and all their private possessions and then he rounded them up and variously had them murdered, or worked and starved them to death. Hitler gassed children.

Let it drop. If you can't see why what you are doing is so wrong, trust others when they tell you that it is wrong.

Removing landlords isn't extra government interference, it's the final stage in moving from a feudal government to a democratic government, and therefore a reduction in state intervention.

This only follows if you believe in collective ownership of land.

I don't think libertarianism rules out LVT, if that's what you're leaning towards. In fact I think they complement each other quite well.

This only follows if you believe in collective ownership of land.

I don't think libertarianism rules out LVT, if that's what you're leaning towards. In fact I think they complement each other quite well.

No, it doesn't, although you might decide collective ownership of land is the solution to the problem raised, I don't.

I wasn't actually advocating anything, I'm just refuting the knee-jerk libertarianism.

'Government shouldn't intervene in anything' means government shouldn't intervene to harm landlords, it should only intervene to create them and make sure they get paid.

It's total nonsense. Government is ownership of land. Landlords are governments and vice-versa. You cannot, consistently, be for one and against another because you can't even distinguish one from another.

You might argue on pragmatic grounds that what we have is a reasonable compromise. That's fine, but that also brings regulation of landlords back on the table as a pragmatic compromise.

Or, yes, you might argue for collective land ownership.

Just don't argue that the government shouldn't intervene as a matter of principle, and therefore the land market should carry on as it always has.

That's a logically contradictory argument.

It's just as silly as opposinf regulation of the police on the grounds that the state shouldn't intervene in the freedom of the police.

Edited by BuyToLeech