House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kjw

Brexit To Nowhere: The Foreign Policy Consequences Of "out"

"Out" campaigners paint a beguiling picture of how life would be for Britain outside the EU. ‘Unshackled from the EU corpse’, the UK would be free once more to venture round the globe, in a new Elizabethan age of national pride and prosperity. Alas, this is fantasy. Here are some of the hard realities the Europhobes prefer to gloss over. [more at link]

http://www.ecfr.eu/article/commentary_Brexit_to_nowhere_4094

I see myself as European. I'd prefer to be controlled by Euro than Westminster

Well that's two of you; maybe you should move in together.

Merkel and Hollande might come round for tea.

I see myself as a European who does not want to be in the EU.

Same here.

Ive lived in a couple of European countries and speak a couple of the languages and for the last 20 years have told anyone who would listen that Im a European citizen who happens also to be an Englishman.

But after Merkel's antics with the migrants, I'll vote for Britain to leave and I hope and pray that the whole corrupt lot comes crashing down.

Well that's two of you; maybe you should move in together.

Merkel and Hollande might come round for tea.

Haha....

Can't see how we'll survive outside Eurozone. The future would become bleak.

"Out" campaigners paint a beguiling picture of how life would be for Britain outside the EU. ‘Unshackled from the EU corpse’, the UK would be free once more to venture round the globe, in a new Elizabethan age of national pride and prosperity. Alas, this is fantasy. Here are some of the hard realities the Europhobes prefer to gloss over. [more at link]

http://www.ecfr.eu/article/commentary_Brexit_to_nowhere_4094

Presumably I am, indirectly, paying for this shameless propaganda.

Haha....

Can't see how we'll survive outside Eurozone. The future would become bleak.

We're not in the Eurozone, just in case you have not noticed, and never have been.

Closest we got was the ERM which we were pretty much forced to leave on Black Wednesday. Worth noting that the British government got precious little help from our European partners, particularly the Germans during that crisis. In reality Britain's been drifting out of the EU ever since that date.

Has someone decided it is off topic comedy day with this thread?

The EU is well known for blowing it's own trumpet and for using taxpayers money to do so. It is also known for threatening ex members of the parliament and commissioners with ex communication and loss of pension rights if they ever dare criticise the Euro ideal....

That alone is enough to vote for a Brexit. This institution which calls itself the European Union is totally corrupt.

If the OP wants an honest debate about in/out of the UK come up with some points which are not blatant state sponsored propaganda.

But then I doubt that will happen in much the same way as Farage's points are never addressed in the Euro parliament with anyone on the top table who has a shred of power sitting their bemused and with stupid smirks on their faces.

Single-issue shills with no place on Off-Topic, and not seen on here before anyway.

If they confine themselves to the politics section as the Scot Nats have then they are welcome to post their lunatic views as much as they like.

Nice attempt by the author to try to paint a picture of a world in which the EU holds and the cards and the UK none.

Perhaps the author hasnt heard of the WTO, NATO etc.

I know many members are Eurosceptics so just thought this might be something worth debating? Explode a few myths etc

They are in their own way sheeple, sheeple don't like having their assumptions challenged.

The In campaign may well use scare stories of what is to come to convince people to stay in the EU, but the Out campaign may well use fairy stories of a utopia to convince people to leave as well.

They are in their own way sheeple, sheeple don't like having their assumptions challenged.

I like to think we are pretty open to debate here.

There just doesn't seem to be much to debate on the subject.

Certainly if anyone can think of any good reasons for relinquishing further control of our nation to the French and Germans they're welcome to float them.

I don't think everybody (and I include myself) is fundamentally opposed to being part of a European superstate. The problem for me is I have no faith in the way Europe is governed or confidence in those doing it. It just seems like a big buearocratic money pit where Germany calls all the shots. That's not a vision for a new Europe, it's a German Euro club.

At this point I don't think there is any deal Cameron could come back with that Europe would accept and I would be reassured by.

I think my position is no closer integration until Europe has proved it is no longer a complete disaster and that countries will still have a high degree of autonomy within it. Europe also has an identity crisis. The face of Europe is Angela Merkel. And she's proven to be a walking disaster.