House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

I Draw The Line At...

You could always pop down there Frank, and hand them biscuits, and a pile of "head stuff"!!

"I draw the line at" ... "Wee Jimmy Krankie" is surely ccc's line.

I don't know why people knock these two. They had a show that was watched by millions of people in the 80s - audience ratings that most TV shows would love to have these days. They had been happily married for decades, seem very happy and also appear to be a genuine and honest pair of people.

I don't know why people knock these two. They had a show that was watched by millions of people in the 80s - audience ratings that most TV shows would love to have these days. They had been happily married for decades, seem very happy and also appear to be a genuine and honest pair of people.

I would agree with that! :huh:^_^:huh:

To be fair at their peak there was a choice of what, four channels? Yeah they have some talent, but the panto/dancehall thing never really did it for me, a lot of the "great" stuff from the 80`s looks a bit naff now TBH. Discuss..... :P

To be fair at their peak there was a choice of what, four channels? Yeah they have some talent, but the panto/dancehall thing never really did it for me, a lot of the "great" stuff from the 80`s looks a bit naff now TBH. Discuss..... :P

This is very true.

To echo that: the near-monopoly of a tiny number of people over our TV and radio in the 70s and 80s meant that we were forcefed some dire stuff.

There were of course gems in individual programmes and series but most things that I would class as "light entertainment" were awful and the only choice was turn it off.

The worst offenders were:

Seaside Special - please no.

The failed attempts to replace the superb Morecambe and Wise with a similar duo - Cannon & Ball, Little and Large.

Top of the Pops and Radio 1; I for one am happy to believe everything thrown at Jimmy Savile for having to endure him and a host of other creepy amateurish DJs for years.

The many other stock entertainers who got lucky and popped up everywhere. Although I did like the Krankies in an ironic way.

To echo that: the near-monopoly of a tiny number of people over our TV and radio in the 70s and 80s meant that we were forcefed some dire stuff.

There were of course gems in individual programmes and series but most things that I would class as "light entertainment" were awful and the only choice was turn it off.

The worst offenders were:

Seaside Special - please no.

The failed attempts to replace the superb Morecambe and Wise with a similar duo - Cannon & Ball, Little and Large.

Top of the Pops and Radio 1; I for one am happy to believe everything thrown at Jimmy Savile for having to endure him and a host of other creepy amateurish DJs for years.

The many other stock entertainers who got lucky and popped up everywhere. Although I did like the Krankies in an ironic way.

ok so the krankies were actually moderately funny...from a butlin's kid's show sort of perspective.

often wondered why they don't do the benidorm hotel entertainments, they would make a fortune even now!!

that would be considered an A list booking!!!

beats just doing pantomime once a year.

ok so the krankies were actually moderately funny...from a butlin's kid's show sort of perspective.

often wondered why they don't do the benidorm hotel entertainments, they would make a fortune even now!!

that would be considered an A list booking!!!

beats just doing pantomime once a year.

You always hear that panto plays incredibly well so they can work for six weeks and keep themselves going.

I was hugely disappointed to read this week that the couple, for so long thought of as being as Scottish as shortbread and heroin, now live in South Devon.

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Fan-dabi-dozi-Bank-refunds-3-000-Krankies-account/story-28132419-detail/story.html

Presumably being Scots they just wanted to be closer to the source of the "Buckie"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckfast_Tonic_Wine