House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
longtomsilver

A Salutory Tale!

Last year MrsLTS recruited a handful of people to make up a team in her new role/company. She's quite ethical in some respects and paid above market rates to attract talent. One of the team doesn't exactly shine and indeed she extended his initial 3months probationary period by a further 3months; he's not the hardest worker and backchats his dotted-line manager and indeed to my wife the boss.

She conducted midyear review last week and he was asking for a career progression plan as part of the appraisal process. MrsLTS told him that there were no openings in Marketing and she had spoken to her Sales Director who was quite scathing about this employee (merchandiser on £30k package) and really not interested in having him. She reassured him that his job was safe and that he needs to up his game, be reliable (he doesn't answer his mobile or upload his movements sheet). Anyway he took an aggressive stance and threatened to move elsewhere, but it gets better .. he told my wife about his parents mahoosive BTL portfolio and that they are begging for him to take the reigns and that he doesn't need the job and will be set-up for life etc etc

My wife is reliably informed by me to understand that a lot of land lords if they're not underwater already will be soon with the changes underfoot. He's not a very good poker player showing such a poor hand and she'll be making his role redundant next week because of that statement :)

Sounds like Mrs LTS has been incredibly patient with this troublesome character. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

He obviously thinks he knows better than everyone else. DOuble whammy of redundancy, smugly going into his parents' house of cards BTL business and come 2017/18 he'll likely be out of a job once again